Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: Tesoro Golden U Max and 9" Coins

HaroldILL.

Took out the Golden for a spin at a Park I hunt close by. The Coins are Newer but deep. After a few shallow hits I get a Signal been waiting for a Soft 4 Way repeatable High tone. I Dug down and at about 9" is a 30s Wheatie.
Yeah No biggie, But this is about the Fifth 9" Coin I Dug with it This Year in spots I had My other 2 Depth Demons. And all Had the proper Highest Tone and Didn't drop a Tone like some say it does on Deepies. I still think the New Tones are Hotter as Always heard the Golden had No Depth? Well mine does for sure.
My ground is Mild I should add and using the Brown 8 " Donut Coil at Min. Disc., Sens. in Red before chatter and slight threshold Hum.

9" is very good depth. I have always liked the 8" brown donut coil.

That is deep Harold,

Nine inch pennies from parks are tough to get, especially with non metered detectors. The weak high tone signal sure helped, in this case tones is beneficial with deeper coins.

You're got a hot unit don't let this one get away.

Congratulations!
Paul

The disc ground balance must not be set way positive like many Tesoros are. I adjusted the internal ground balance on my Lobo ST and it is now hitting 9 & 10" on my dimes with the brown 8" coil. There is hidden power in Tesoros with no ground balance.

Rick

Yeah the Guy I got it from said hottest Golden or uMax Detector He ever had. He has had quite a few.
He didn't want to sell it but something came up. He had to still think about it for a couple days. I see now why. He said He had 4 Different 8" Brown donuts and this was the Best one as it was hot and held the Tones deepest without mixing them. I just tried a 10.5" Coil as thought get even more depth. But it would mix Coin tones past 6". The Golden's have to be set just rite with the Tones and fixed GB. They say the New Mojave 7 " coil is Hot. Keith Wills said it was a updated Shadow X2 Super 7" Coil?