Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reactivity question

rarysgaard

I am going to England detecting in a little over a week. My question is regarding reactivity. I have been reading posts where they have mentioned zero reactivity. Would I be wise to use 0 or 1 for reactivity out in the plowed field?

I'm thinking that a plowed field would have very little iron or junk close together, so I would use zero reactivity for the added depth.

I've been in England for the last 3 weeks and have been using GM Power with a few changes, i change to 4 tones and have them like this 200hz - 6.8 / 301hz 6.8-35/ 603hz 35-80 / 757hz 80 - 95. I run manual ground balance and keep an eye on what the Deus is reading the ground at and run a couple of points below that. Reactivity i have left at 2 and i am still seeing good depth, i also prefer the sound of targets at 2. Coke comes in at around 28 (using 18khz) if the field you are detecting should have any and i have yet to dig a target below 35 that has not been trash, that's why i set the audio the way i have.
I also made another program using zero discrimination and all the settings configured for maximum depth, the tones are slightly different on that one and i do use a reactivity of 1. I also notch out 0-20 on this program if i am getting a headache :)
I keep coming back to the GM Power though, it just feels better for some reason.

Best of luck when you get here, hopefully where you are going will have dried out, the rain has been terrible with lots of flooding in many parts.

Julian

The less reactivity you can use the better the depth. You will just have to try and see what works best. EVERY situation is different. Different strokes for different folks....

And please remember - lower reactivity requires slower swinging otherwise you can miss very small targets.