Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Read on another Forum That Minelab is Discontinuing the Sovereign meter

The way the Sovereign's perform I'll always have one for my use.I have a Minelab 180 meter they are getting more expensive and harder to find.The Cen Techs are less expensive 180 alternatives and work well.

My feeling as i said before is that the price increase on the GT is Minelab maybe making a new Sovereign with the meter built in like the one Joe Patrick makes. Like i say it is just my opinion and hope Minelab don't discontinue the Sovereign.
I was told by Minelab in a E-Mail that the meter was hard to get parts for now and some of the parts are obsolete so no new orders for the meter are being taken, wish I would have kept the last new one I had as I have none for my new GT.

thats what I thought also Rick, probably a parts problem and the amount of them sold doesnt justify them re designing them.

Rons got a great point about the centech meter.

I have a new 550 meter, does anyone know if those conversion kits are still available and if so where would I get one.

I got a few of the kits around here yet, these are ones i found out where the parts were got and ordered in the different parts need to do the job. Being the shipping was high I ordered in enough to do 25 of them I believe. Got a lot of the resistors,but not a lot of the Pots.
With the help from Ron post I just built one of those meters using a meter i got from Harbor Freight $3.95 meters and still have the mounting to make yet to put on top of my S-1 probe and redo some of the wiring I did just to see if it would work and that it does.

Neil,Ebay had those conversion kits for 10 bucks.I converted a 550 meter to 180 and very simple the most difficult procedure was peeling off the old sticker.

This is true, there will be no more Digi-Search meters. I wish Sun Ray still produced theirs. It was excellent. As for a new Sov with built in meter? I've been asking for that since 1992. What I would like to see is a new Sov built along the lines of an Xterra 705, especially if the weight was the same. 3.25 lbs would be great!
Good hunting,
David

Kelly Co. just got in and sent out my Sovereign 180 meter (3/1/2011). It had been on back order since Jul 2010. Luckily I ordered it when the price was still at $185.95 and that is what they charged me.

I just went to Kelly Co. website and I couldn't find the meter listed for sale anymore. Seems like it might be discontinued.

Steve

Thanks to Tom and Ron.

Ron those centech meters might get real popular.

I see youve got yourself a coinsearch coil, those things sure work well and are well made, theyve been around about 20yrs now if youve got one of the early ones:thumbup: