Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Real Treasure

GeoPa

On Saturday my family and I went to the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia to see the King Tut Exhibit. I Saw it at the Smithsonian in 7th grade (1976 or 1977) but I appreciated it more as an adult.
The detail of many items is unbelievable when you considered what they had to work with 3200 years ago. Some of the items were things that King Tut actually used when he was alive and some were made specifically for the burial in the tomb. Some of things were scale models or non-functional likeness of real items.
The exhibit will be there until Sept 30th, so if you're planning to be in the Phila area, you may want to see the exhibit. It could be a once in a lifetime opportunity because you never know if Egypt will allow the items to go on tour again.
As far as taking your children, it would depend on their age and interest. You can buy tickets in advance and they are for a specific date and time to control the number of guests in at one time. You have to buy a museum admission also to get in so allow ample time to tour the other exhibits too.

The exhibit website is: http://www.kingtut.org/about_the_exhibition

The Franklin Institute site is: http://www2.fi.edu/

i got to see the Hope Diamond at the Smithsonian and that was awesome. King Tut treasure would be even better.