Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reality of detecting today

I think this is one reason why they came out with multi frequency. Instead of trying to figure out which frequency is best for a particular target in a particular area and potentially missing others why not let the machine run both high and low frequencies simultaneously and seeing more of everything
You can't have the best depth by running both you get more depth running a single freq or weighted to one side of what your looking for . If all the high tones are gone why look for them . It would be better to run a higher freq where everybody has ran a lower freq . Coins that are masked well respond better to a higher freq . sube

You can't have the best depth by running both you get more depth running a single freq or weighted to one side of what your looking for . If all the high tones are gone why look for them . It would be better to run a higher freq where everybody has ran a lower freq . Coins that are masked well respond better to a higher freq . sube
And exactly why the Fast program is so good at ferreting out the weird ones that are left…coins on edge, masked, next to or partially under nails…with a lower Reactivity like no higher than 2, depth will come back some in most soils I’ve dealt with. So many variables to consider!

I totally agree, my point was mot concerning depth rather being able to “see” it vs not a target at the same depth
changing the frequency especially in mild soil I don’t suppose is suddenly going to change the depth by inches on a coin but depending on the composition and other variables certain frequencies will react better as to your other point a higher frequency will react better.
But what if the composition and other factors is such that on one coin a higher frequency will react better but on another a lower frequency will.
running both will give a better chance of reacting to both. I see running multiple frequencies having more advantages than disadvantages overall especially in unknown circumstances. Always knowing the target and exact situations more fine tuning can be done