Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Really 'diggin it' with Deus Lite

Des D

I'm working a site that hosts summer events: previously ran an "X-Terra 505" to just pick out the coins.
This time, I'm using a "Deus Lite", that's a 9" standard coil and the "WS4" headphones: it's great cos its forcing me to use my ears and interrogate the signals without having the benefit of a Target ID number to look at.
It's busy as a lot of the signals that are trash are coming in 'as good', repeatable etc.
Lots of ferrous this time around (never had to dig it with the X-505) and low grade foil is a curse as the Deus is so 'reactive' to it all! And a few bottle tops just scraped by me...
This year am finding a lot of 'clothes hanger top bits!' And tent pegs...they're everywhere!

But it's still FUN getting out n about in the sun!

Good hunting everyone...

Great feedback Des, glad you are enjoying your XP.

Thanks Gary... my "Deus", is an original...a first production run model
Serial No. 0002XX????
I'm an 'on and off ' Deus or XP fan for years...still own a very nice ADX150 purchased from Mike Longfield ...a gent and a cracking machine!

Wow, there’s some strange numbers in that des...
massively high discrimination, even with that 8khz frequency .
And only 75 on sensitivity , I can only assume your ground has terrible mineralisation ? , perhaps trying a higher frequency and getting that sensitivity up is worth a go,
Also a very high audio, must be torture on the ears and audio distortion I think on small targets between iron .

Think we need to know your ground conditions , any emi etc... before anyone can suggest some settings to maybe make things better for you .

Settings are fine... modern coins 'n stuff...
I do change them a bit depending on mood and other things...
It IS old land and occasionally throws up an older button or summat but no real history so I'm not bothered and no, it isn't noisy!

...a half hour this afternoon netted around  €9.60 euros in coins, few round tabs, foil, cartridges, an iron bolt etc.
I "interrogated" all the signals really well and could hear 'the audio nuances' of them all and there were clearly discernible distinctions so I don\t doubt my Settings.
Its a FAB coin shooter!

...More 'Deus Lite' fun!

All ammo, silver ring, buttons etc found within one hour.
Coins found today around one and a half hours...
Gave the ring to a guy who wears a lot of 'silver' rings...this was a brand new one as it must have fallen off a table at the show over the weekend?

...a quick hour today in between commitments netted just over a Euro in mixed coinage...but

The interesting thing was the recovery of 3 'copper' coins, they are not copper as we know but ferrous cores (steel insides) and a thin copper coat 'melted on!'

The Audio was clearly positive but with a teeny percentage of ferrous blipping more like 91% clear to 9% raspy so [ I suspected ] there would be 'co-existing' copper's with the 'yellow', euro coins.

I have to say, once you really 'hunker down' and listen to the 'audio nuances' without the benefit of a TID to look at, you can really begin to understand what's going to come up (to a certain degree of course - discounting the thin iron tent pin, a lipstick holder, foil bunched up, tabs found today etc)

When using the "Equinox 600", I found it gave quite a lot of 'ferrous sounds' for many non-ferrous items - items that clearly were NOT ferrous.

Why is the NOX overly 'ferrousy', in it's 'tonage', while the Deus Lite is just slightly inclined to give clearly understandable ferrous hints that you know are co-existing coins?
Which is the most [ advanced ] signal processing machine?

A quick hour and 15mins today netted all the ammo in the first part of the reccy then the coins started to come...a few of them popped out of my pouch I am thinking as I had more than shown?

The caretaker had signalled me to 'head to the gate' before getting locked in! Had to run a bit so I wouldn't delay him LOl...

An amazing thing is: a lot of the EURO coins are German...each Euro country has their 'own design' on the reverse of the  €1 and  € 2 euro coins: the 'goldies' too but as easily identifiable as the 1's and 2's

The tabs sounded 'good' as did the round rusted 'tarp ring?'

Great hunt
Congrats

This morning's 'nut'...told you I was finding 'mostly', German euro coins? (see eagle on reverse of the  €2 coin)

Found a small 'US nickel size' pin - has a date '1972' but it's a recent drop - the reverse is slightly corroded - what you can't see is the 'stepped up' construction of the item - 3 layers in all.

And finally, what are these 'nuts?' Found a dozen of them last Friday also...there are equestrian events held in the fields. They 'ring up' same audio as the 1 and 2 euro coins but a slight 1% ferrous tone to them if buried any deeper than 2"

NB: I didn't show the trash: a goodly amount of it: as I don't have the 'Deus' remote control box, I'm digging mostly all targets that "sound good" but, am growing intolerant...perhaps another coffee will soften my mood today!

Like many other folk, I'm patiently waiting on (a) Simplex (b) Vanquish - whichever will 'arrive first?'

Simple solution if you have WS-4 is get a wrist mount for the WS-4 module and headphone adapter, and hook up a pair of headphones. I call it "half-wireless". Or just keep it in your pocket (no wrist strap) and check it when needed.

"Good idea Mike!

Thanks!

Just from curiosity: "what kind of battery life are people getting from the WS4 phones and coil when both are charged anew?"

I'm getting [ fairly good life ] especially from the coil and neither have ever gone down in the field! touch wood...

What did you pay for the 'wrist mount?'

I have a wrist mount remote control. Maybe you can ask around for a used one with the headphone adapter.

Beautiful day today and they cut some grass on site so gave it a quick half hour and netted around  €10.00 euros and 3 square tabs I foil and 2 tent pins...
Some really quirky audio signals today...I can tell the .50c's from the 1 and 2 €Euro coins as the pitch is slightly higher and I'm in 3 tones...