Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Really nice 1873 Indian, silver & more..

[size=medium]I took advantage of a holiday off and great weather and drove off the Cape to a park on the South Shore, where I've have good success in the past. Seems all the recent rains brought out lots of previously-missed signals. Was going along with a bunch of wheat pennies and one Indian, then hit an area where I had 2 multi-coin penny spills (one had 2 in one hole, the other 4) and 2 Barber dimes, all within a 10 square foot section. The best thing was, all of these finds were right near some poorly replaced, recently-dug holes made by detectorists before me- I love that!

Most interesting find was this sterling pin- I can't find an exact match anywhere. Please let me know if you have a positive ID.

Finds were 1897 & 1914 Barber dimes, 1873 and a no-date Indian, and a dozen wheats- no good dates.

Hope you all got out and made some good finds today. Enjoy the pics and HH all!

-- Jeff --[/size]

Great finds - can't find an exact match for the pin, but it's an "E" award from WW II, probably from early in the war, since later on they merged the separate Army and Navy awards into one award.