Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Really Really Nice Gold and Diamond band

LawrencetheMDer

20220120_150610.jpg
20220122_215924.jpg

Here are a few recent finds using the CTX 3030 on the beach this past week. The silver 925 bracelet is 8 ¾” and 14.83g after cleaning; it was originally black w tarnish. The ring is marked 14k and “HIDARGO”. It weighs 11.11g and has 2-180 deg outer bands of diamonds. HIDARGO was a high end jewelry shop in Miami beach and closed in 2019 after the death of the owner. A search reveals that the gold and diamond band was initially priced in the $4,000 range! This is the first time in a while I have used my CTX 3030 w 17” coil. Have to give it a try again! Opps, almost forgot about the 2 gold caps/crowns that weigh 4.62g of dental gold - I find a lot of cremation tags in the area so convinced that the crowns somehow survived the cremation too.

Happy Hunting

Im betting that put some swagger in your step!!!! Nice recoveries!!

View attachment 22711View attachment 22712
Here are a few recent finds using the CTX 3030 on the beach this past week. The silver 925 bracelet is 8 ¾” and 14.83g after cleaning; it was originally black w tarnish. The ring is marked 14k and “HIDARGO”. It weighs 11.11g and has 2-180 deg outer bands of diamonds. HIDARGO was a high end jewelry shop in Miami beach and closed in 2019 after the death of the owner. A search reveals that the gold and diamond band was initially priced in the $4,000 range! This is the first time in a while I have used my CTX 3030 w 17” coil. Have to give it a try again! Opps, almost forgot about the 2 gold caps/crowns that weigh 4.62g of dental gold - I find a lot of cremation tags in the area so convinced that the crowns somehow survived the cremation too.

Happy Hunting
Awesome
Congratulations

Very nice finds! Would you mind sharing how you got the 925 bracelet looking so good when you said it was black with tarnish? Aluminum foil, hot water, vinegar or lemon juice? Or ? Is it Hidargo or Hidalgo?
To remove very heavy tarnish from silver, I wrap the silver (chain) in aluminum foil, tightly but w holes, and place in pan of water fully covered and w baking powder (about 1 tbs/pint). I bring it to boil, turn it off and let it cool. Take a rag and rub off as much tarnish as possible. Repeat whole process and repeat until satisfied. I think the chain took 4-5 times. Only way I have figured to remove heavy tarnish from silver when silver cleaners (eg Wright's silver cream) wouldn't touch it.

View attachment 22711View attachment 22712

Happy Hunting
Nice recoveries!

Dental gold melts above 2,000F. Cremation temps are usually lower. That stuff doesn't go up the chimney; instead it usually goes into the mortician's pocket.

Dental gold melts above 2,000F. Cremation temps are usually lower. That stuff doesn't go up the chimney; instead it usually goes into the mortician's pocket.
Your right about melting point. But it depends on states laws if the crematory can keep the dental gold. That's like my state it saids "All" contents "must" be put into the cremation urn. That's most of the southern states. The northern states then yes the Crematory gets to keep the dental gold. (Not all northern states.) The other thing people don't know is the EPA states that people must take ashes out 3 miles from shore and dump them there. BUT... really who going to rent a boat captain and do this?? No body. I seen this happen a few times. A person will walk down from the beach access or parking area go down to the wet sand say a prayer and dump the ashes. Then walk away go back to there vehicle. I find lots of dental gold!! That's why I can't wait to get my Deus 2 in my hands.

Once, on YouTube, I saw a couple of airmen pour out the ashes of another airman that had been cremated out the back of a C-130 with the loading ramp down. Seems ashes went everywhere but out. His ashes are probably still stuck in nooks and crannies, which is probably appropriate. I assume it was true.