Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Received Multi Kruzer yesterday and went for first hunt

coin-star

I received my Multi Kruzer yesterday and went to a park with some soccer fields and football fields that I have been hunting for the past few weeks. I had already hunted this spot with an AT Max and an F19 prior to receiving the Multi Kruzer. I was hunting mostly in 3 tone mode on 89 gain and it is WAY fast. I was swinging fairly briskly and covering some ground and it had no problems keeping up (something I can't do with AT Max because it is so falsey and noisy). I was hitting a section where I had gotten a few silvers and got a one way faint hit in 3 tone. I couldn't get a consistent ID, so I switched to deep. Deep mode had no issues picking it up, but ID was wavering between 88-92 so I was hoping for deep quarter or silver. Turns out it was a small square nail about 7 inches down.

Overall I was very happy and it seems like the MK is a pretty good machine based on my fist impression. In 3 tone, 19khz it seems to like clad dimes and small pieces of aluminum. It hits harder on dimes than any of my other machines. One thing that I will have to get used to is nickles hitting at 29-30. I am used to nickles hitting at 57-58 on my Teknetics, Fisher, and Garrett.

Having such fast recovery and the ability to turn iron down so low is really nice. I also like having 2, 3 or 4 tone options. If 2 tone and deep work as well for relics as 3, 4 tone works for coins, I may have to dump the AT Pro and F19.

-CS

dump your AT Pro as soon as you can. Makro/Nokta just dropped the prices on the Racer 2 to 499.

Sorry, I meant AT Max at the end of my post. I have to do some more hunting with the Kruzer to be sure, though.

I took the MK out in my back yard that I have pretty much exhausted of coins, or so I thought. I was digging the usual pieces of gutters and pull tabs when I got an 82 - 84 tone. I was quite surprised when the dime I dug turned out to be a 1963 silver. I have NEVER found any silver coins in my yard and have been over it with every detector I have owned in my short 2 years of hunting.

There was a round pull tab about an inch away, but the MK in 3 tone had fast enough recovery to ID two separate targets.

I only found one coin yesterday, but I was happy that it was silver.

-CS

Time to dump the Max now, don't you agree? I've got a buyer for my AT Pro. Selling it for 380 dollars. I sure hope he doesn't see these posts.

coin-star said:
I received my Multi Kruzer yesterday and went to a park with some soccer fields and football fields that I have been hunting for the past few weeks. I had already hunted this spot with an AT Max and an F19 prior to receiving the Multi Kruzer. I was hunting mostly in 3 tone mode on 89 gain and it is WAY fast. I was swinging fairly briskly and covering some ground and it had no problems keeping up (something I can't do with AT Max because it is so falsey and noisy). I was hitting a section where I had gotten a few silvers and got a one way faint hit in 3 tone. I couldn't get a consistent ID, so I switched to deep. Deep mode had no issues picking it up, but ID was wavering between 88-92 so I was hoping for deep quarter or silver. Turns out it was a small square nail about 7 inches down.

Overall I was very happy and it seems like the MK is a pretty good machine based on my fist impression. In 3 tone, 19khz it seems to like clad dimes and small pieces of aluminum. It hits harder on dimes than any of my other machines. One thing that I will have to get used to is nickles hitting at 29-30. I am used to nickles hitting at 57-58 on my Teknetics, Fisher, and Garrett.

Having such fast recovery and the ability to turn iron down so low is really nice. I also like having 2, 3 or 4 tone options. If 2 tone and deep work as well for relics as 3, 4 tone works for coins, I may have to dump the AT Pro and F19.

-CS

IIRC the TID scale should be about the same as a F75. My F75 LTD2 has been collecting dust since I switched to the superior Makro machines, but IIRC it ID's nickels right around the same TID# (29-32).

Yes the 3-TONE with SENS @ 89 or less is SUPER FAST. I see that it's not documented in the latest online manual, but when I field tested it I was told that they implemented an ultra fast recovery speed in 3-TONE with SENS @ 89 or less, so it's kind of an easter egg at this point. I tested it compared to 4-TONE and it's immediately noticeably faster. Hopefully they do a firmware upgrade and an implement the ultra fast recovery speed for the entire SENS range on 3-TONE and entertain adding it to 4-TONE mode as well, would be a great feature to have..... hopefully it's not at the cost of loosing depth though.

Went on 3rd and 4th hunts to different area of same park as before. I still have not found a nickel, and I have tried and dug pull tabs instead. I have mostly been running 3T mode, because this park is pretty trashy. Lots of foil, pull tabs, etc.

I tried 4T a little and it has more noise and has more "falsing" even when slowing down swings. To me 4T is more reminiscent of searching with the AT Max. I get a high tone check, check over it, and it turns out to be lower TDI that squeaked for a second.

I am not knocking 4T mode, I just need more time/experience to learn swing speed and what it is telling me. Also, I need to tweak the Fe volume and disc.

-CS

The nail you found at 7 inches, did you double check that hole to see if there was a deeper target giving the high numbers? If you dug beyond that first target you might of found another target, perhaps a coin. Did you test the nail to see if it was giving off those numbers? Was the target giving a low or high tone?

I did recheck the hole and there was nothing. VDI on the nail after it was out of the hole was not as high but was higher than typical iron.

I probably should have tried to pinpoint on the Kruzer with coil in the hole so I could get a reading without motion. I can hunt that park any time so maybe I’ll hit that section on deep mode again later.

It would be cool to get a deep silver out of that spot. I got a 1935 quarter, so there could be something else.

-CS

Saturday, I went back to the same park and was trying out 2 tone mode. I was digging some questionable things to get a feel for this mode. I came upon more square nails around the same area as last time. This time, I put the nail back in the hole to check the TID, and it definitely bounces around but ID's up all the way to the low high 60's. Remove the nail and no beeps from the hole, so it was definitely the nail. This time I saved the nail so that I can keep it in my "specimens" box for checking detector TID's. I am also curious how my other detectors would react.

I also had my Kruzer fail to ground balance in 3T mode for the first time. Battery was at half, I was in 14khz, and it wouldn't ground balance at all. I suspect that there is a software bug where it is retaining settings from another mode that causes this, because I switched to 19khz and it balanced just fine. I can't remember if I tried turning it off and back on again.

CS