Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Received my Multi Kruzer and first hunt

Tom Slick

I received my Multi Kruzer Wednesday and took it out for it's first hunt yesterday. Couple of thinks to note: It appears to be really - really well built. I've got a couple of smaller coils ordered also but they haven't arrived yet. I don't usually use the 7x11" standard coil om my Racer 2, but when that's all you have, you make it work. I had an issue trying to change it from the factory centimeters to inches, and found with forum help that the manual is incorrect on it's instructions on how to change the measurement. The manual says to hold down the Select and Options buttons while turning on the detector. Actually you have to hold down the "Settings" and "Options" button while turning the detector on. When you turn it on, the screen will show Ld and then it will flash the "In" or "Cm" to show inches or centimeters. Other than that, everything went together as it should and I proceeded to make some program setting adjustments.
I hunted a modern park that we've hit many times before. My settings were:
3 Tone, freq. 14 kHz, Gain 50 (no old coins here), Disc, 27, Notched out 33-42 & 46-60
Tone breaks 28 & 72, Tones 15-40-70 kHz, Fe Vol. 0
Morning tally:
1 Key
3 modern tokens
7 Quaters
11 Dimes
11 Nickles
67 pennies
I was basically just cherry picking coins, not looking for old coins, or gold rings.
The detector ran very smooth and even with the 11" coil I was able to pull quite a few clads form this junky park.
The Racer 2 has been my iron infested site hunter the past couple of years or ever since it came out. My hope is that the Kruzer will be able to replace the Racer 2 and my Tesoro Tiger Shark for my fresh water hunting.
My usual clad coin and Jewelry detector is a DFX with a BigFoot but the Kruzer did an excellent job. Can't wait to get the smaller coils and hit some ghost towns with the Multi Kruzer.

PS. I thought the Nickle count was really high compared to my average. I think the difference was that I had the Nickle tone set the same as the Zinc pennies. I quite often don't dig zincs (Oh No - I might miss a big gold ring) Blah Blah Blah. I was digging the zincs with the Kruzer yesterday and having the nickles at a higher than usual tone (for me) helped keep me from getting lazy and only digging the higher tones and not the lower tones that I usually have on the nickles.

I have only hunted a couple times with the MK, but was surprised NOT to find any nickels on my fist hunt at the park. Thanks for posting your settings. I think those notches would really help.

The only nickel I found the other day was in the same hole as a quarter and dime. I only found it by luck. :beers:

-CS