Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent Civil War Finds

I live in an area with a good bit of civil war history, and since I got my first metal detector I have found relics on my hunts. Usually while looking for other things, but over the years I have accumulated a small collection. Recently, my family moved to a 40 acre property on a cavalry camp, and though the main part of the camp in on the next property over, I have made some excellent finds. Including my first plate, a pattern 1851 sword belt plate. Also my first spur, though missing the iron point, and percussion cap box (unfortunately damaged when I dug it). I will add more pictures as soon as I take them. The spur and plate were found with my AT Pro, the cap box with my V3i.

Very nice finds. Congrats.

Man that plate is awesome. Great job.

Did you door knock the property beside you?

quicksilver said:
Did you door knock the property beside you?
Yes, and the guy who owns it is a very nice guy. He is just getting into metal detecting himself :) He did let me over for half an hour or so with him and that is when I found the spur.

Wow, nice finds buddy.

Here are some more finds, all found since I got my V3i a month ago. Btw I live near Fredericksbug so that is the rough location.

Really nice finds. Looks like your into a good spot. Good luck.

Seems like a great spot. Have him over on your property. Then back to his .......

Cool! Hit it hard and rescue the goodies. How many caps were in the tin?

There were four caps in it.

Your a relic hunter? Get a G2. Put a big aftermarket coil on it & never look back buddy. Your whites is a coin machine.

Really? I think not. from what I have read it is one of the best deep seeking vlf's made. And also, I am mainly a coins hunter so something that does both is what I want. Isn't the G2 geared more towards separation vs depth?

Some more relics, first picture shows the last few hunts with both the AT Pro an V3i. Also a big pile of iron, I dig iron signals if they sound like a larger target. The last picture shows some finds with my AT Pro late last year.