Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent digs w. F75LTD + bottles, fishing, etc. :detecting:

Bill Ladd

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Either my finds have been somewhat slim to even amount to taking pictures, or I've been doing more water fishing than dirt fishing ;) But anyhow, I have been out a couple times recently....once hunting a farm field looking for that elusive "tree coin" with a couple of friends, & the other time trying a Colonial cellar hole near my aunts house in NH....
Here's a picture of the NH. cellar hole in the woods that features a sweet root cellar right under what remains of the center hearth.....
[attachment 200746 Chamber3.jpg]
Anyhow, I hunted it in the past with my buddy Howard when we first found it hiking, & we gut some Indian heads, relics, & he stole the show with this killer piece of Spanish Silver...a killer 2 Reale':detecting:
[attachment 200749 Howard2R.jpg]
My other buddy dug a King George copper at this cellar, but I never got a picture of it. I found various odds & ends, but unfortunately no more coins. We are sure there are some little coins & buttons masked in all the nails around the foundation. But that's another project for another time with the smaller coils...
Though I didn't walk away with any great Colonial relics this time, (flat buttons, buckle, etc), I do like the nice brass key that I'm sure opened the front door to this once stately home. I dug it right along the dirt road with the F75 LTD not far from the front step itself.....
[attachment 200750 chamber4.jpg]
The good news is that if we have a slow morning at a cellar hole, we have a few different bottle dumps near-by that are always productive. So, we traded in our detectors for some claw rakes & shovels & hit our favorite dump. We find lots of cool stuff here like clay pipes, marbles, and of course some sweet old & valuable bottles from the late 1800's......
Of course we always bring the video camera along......here's Howard behind the lens filming my nice "Dr. Kilmer's Swamp Root Remedy" I left in situ as I found it......
[attachment 200752 HowrdBottle1.jpg]
Here's the entire haul of bottles from Howard & I combined. Overall not a bad bad of diggin' all around......
There are some good one's in here, especially the embossed blue ones which are probably the most valuable of the lot.
[attachment 200753 GargBottles511.jpg]
We have enough footage for a "Bottle Digging" DVD to follow up our metal detecting one. Our bottle dump digs on YouTube are pretty popular....
I mentioned earlier I have been doing more sea fishing than "dirt fishing". I take both very seriously & try to mix it up so I don't get burned out (plus my huntin buddy John has a sweet boat). Well, this post allows me one more photo upload so here's a picture of me holding a nice "summer flounder", or "fluke" as we call 'em here in New England....Great eating! :happy:
[attachment 200754 Fluke511sm.jpg]
HH,
Bill

That I have to say is AWESOME. Great post and pics. Nice Fluke too. My twin lives in RI. He's a captain of a vessell in point judith. Lives near arnold lumber and likes to metal detect. When he has the time. Too busy at sea. Keep them coming Bill. HH Tim.