Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RECENT FINDS W/ MY 202

GRAY GHOST

MY BEST FIND W/ MY 202 IS A 1773 SPANISH HALF REAL IN FINE COND. AT 6 IN. IVE FOUND MANY BULLETS,AND A COUPLE OF REGULAR BRASS BUCKLES. ALSO FOUND IN THE LAST YEAR IS ABOUT 20 CONFEDERATE FLAT BUTTONS, MOST W/ SHANKS. ALL KINDS OF STUFF.

:super:Great job Gray Ghost!! Any chance of some pictures? Bet your heart jumped when that real came out of the ground.:bounty::super:

i dont have a camera yet but soon will. hey yall its good to talk to ya, i appreciate the good feedback. been detecting over 25 years and still learn something new every time i go out. last weekend was detecting a small skirmish site when some guys with minelabs showed up and asked me the best places to detect. i pointed out areas that i made good finds in and even told them where id been. they spent 10 min. looking and got impatient,got mad and left. shrugged it off and found 2 3 ringers where theyd been. some people are just too impatient!!!

Yes they are;),glad to here from you ,at least I know someone else is reading this form now. Have not been detecting that long but sure am enjoying what I get to do.I have had what was to be the best detector going, didn't work that great for me and someone Else thought they needed it worst than me so I found this 202 and it is a fun detector to use. First time out found a coin spill with 3 quarters,2dimes,3pennies. best part 2 of the quarters were silver.enjoy your self detecting.:bounty:

hey jeff and woldog i felt so good pulling that half real out of the ground , but i really felt bad too. i was having a bad day had looked for a while,it was hot,sweating,mayflies divebombing me and i got frustrated and called the 202 a piece of junk, it wasnt 10 seconds later heard a half weak/half good beep. i just sat there with it in my hand feeling so foolish and embarassed at myself. glad nobody else saw me. i wont talk like that again anytime soon! my other half real is a 1781, found with a whites coinmaster in 1992.

hey wolfdog nice finds. keep it up, yer doin good! i have so much fun detecting. you never know what yer gonna find. you wont believe some of the stuff ive found... you could pretty much name it. its a good way to get away from the wife and the troubles of the world. keep at it and you will find better stuff as time goes by. always try to be patient[even on bad days] and keep that coil low to the ground and moving...good luck

[quote GRAY GHOST][attachment 67537 buttons1.jpg][/quote] hey fellas, like i promised here is a pic of recent finds w/ the 202. the one row of shiny yank buttons are replicas that belonged to my dad. all of the rest are authentic civil war buttons. included : a gorgeous sc state, a yank kepi button[rare to find] 2 plain eagle u.s. buttons, 2 u.s. pants/fly buttons, and many pewter, brass, and silverplated confederate flat buttons. the hunting has been good in the last several years. 80% of the buttons were found with my pioneer 202

Hey Gray Ghost, all you need now is a good hunting partner, mainly me!, Haha.
Congrats on the great finds,
H.H.

hey steve[ms] if yer ever up this way south of richmond,va. CMON, got some good spots to turn you loose in, hh, grayghost

would love to see your part of the country but between bills and making a living, haha, well you know the rest but maybe one of these days. After seeing your finds, couldn't resist on the comment of you needing a hunting partner:biggrin:.
People who metal detect are the best folks around.
Regards,
Steve(MS)