Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent finds with the Vx3

Nothing too spectacular as it looks like I've turned into a relic hunter as of late.... :rolleyes: But the Vx3 is doing awesome. I've recently found a church site that burnt down in the late 30's, but it has a ton of trash on the site. I ran in mixed mode for a while, but the trash drove me nuts! All of the items were from one hunt with exception of the token. Not many coins but found my second Barber, a 1909 quarter, a 1884 IH, and a 1941s wheatie I also found a 1909 wheatie, but my son has it....somewhere. No s or vdb anyways.. And a cool old insurance plate of some sort... The D2 coil has been working awesome for me with the Vx3. I can crank the gain and sens. with very little issues. Although I haven't really needed it as most of my finds have been 6-7" with solid vdi's. For those considering the D2 for their Vx3, get it! It makes a world of difference for dirt hunting compared to the 950.

Good job Triplehooked! It's allways fun to dig the old coins but that Insurance Plate IS really neat!

Happy Hunting,
Blind Squirrel

Very nice and I agree on the D2. If you run into terrible EMI that's when the 950 works. I've got a 950 that have never used except at the beach when i was on vacation. The D2 has the same affect on the MXT.

How's the DX1 working?

The DX-1 is working great Rob, just as it should. I would have never guessed it was cut down had you not said something. I wonder why they didn't go with a shorter version to start with? As for the D2, I was skeptical at first as I didn't like the 6x10 much, but this coil is very stable and pinpoints nicely. So far I haven't found any place that the freq. offset couldn't handle. The D2 should come with all the Spectra detectors, in my opinion![size=medium][/size]

It's just a way to make the VX3 package cheaper. Of course if you later buy WHP, D2, and the rechargeable system at a later date it isn't cheaper.