Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent Interesting Unknown Find

ColonelKyle

One of my MDing buddies found this object while metal detecting an old church in NW CT a few days ago. See attached photo. I've been researching it and cannot find anything that comes close to matching. The spider( I assume) has arrows for feet and there are stars all around the border. The pattern suggests either Indian or military origin. The object is exactly 3 inches wide. It looks like brass or bronze with gold gilt. It is not magnetic. May be a belt buckle of some sort?? Any ideas what it might be?

Hi Kyle.........What ever it is it looks as though it had some kind of hinge on the right side that was visible from the front, looking at it from the front....

I look forward to our next outing here in Virginia with Andy........Gen......John

Maybe a lock cover the pin on the bottom rightback looks like park of a hinge if there was one above it may have broken off?

Looks like a hair clip. Would have had a sizable clip on back hinges. For maybe yhe top of a pony tail or something. Just a guess!

It is very interesting to say the least. Ha! Spiders have eight legs where these ? have six. The legs sort of resemble broken arrows so part of me thinks it may be some sort of Native American art?

my guess is a scarab beetle hair barrett..1920's..egyptian style influenced by the finding of King Tut's tomb and the fashion trend that followed..