Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent park finds with the AT Pro.

Paul (Ca)

Starting to get acquainted with the AT Pro, Almost tossed in the towel but hung in there during the first few outings.

Now, Glad I bought the AT Pro and knowing it's a detector for long term usage just ordered a waterproof headset and cam lock from Chuck at Indian Nations this morning.

My type of hunting varies, Depending on the year it ranges from tot lots, gold jewelry detecting school yards, hunting for deep turf coins from old parks, fresh water detecting or Relic detecting old sites when season permits.

No, The AT Pro is not the perfect machine but it does a good to excellent job in each of the hunting categories I enjoy.

Here are some recent finds from a pounded park, It's almost impossible to get a wheatie from here using the king of turf (Explorer). These finds are nothing to brag about but from a pounded park when a user can detect all day with an Explorer without even a wheat back penny to show for these recent finds with the AT Pro are a sight for sore eyes.

Two wheat pennies, One 1949 Franklin silver half, one silver ring and an old deep crucifix.

(Frequency Adjustment) Wow!! And I mean Wow! ...Some areas that have given us electrical interference with some of the faster single freq. detectors can be reduced with changing the frequency but never have I seen a detector with using the frequency adjustment completely eliminate the interference as with the AT Pro.

My AT Pro settings are simple....Pro Custom mode with zero disc iron off giving iron the lowest tone, nothing notched out.

Enough rambling, Thumbs up with the AT Pro.

Paul (Ca)

Those are really nice finds Paul Congrats .

a 1/2 dollar of ANY date would be a 1st for
but theres always next year !!!!!!!

HH

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

Alright!:bouncy:WTG!:thumbup:Congrats on the silver!:beers:Nice pics!:clapping:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Thanks Old Ranger,

Silver halfs are always a treat to see, They seem to be getting more scarce so was a bit suprised to see this small cart wheel when it surfaced.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Thank you Frank,

I too use an Explorer, But like to use single freq. detectors as well.

Good luck with your AT Pro, Give it a try at an old pounded park see what she can do.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Thanks Jason,

Yes, It's nice here in Central California. Sure, It gets foggy or even rains at times during this season but somehow the sun always shines through.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Thanks metalhead,

I'm looking foward to using the AT Pro in the future, It's a fun machine to use once a user gets past the starting curve.

I tried the STD mode but it's too slow, Felt like I was back in the 4-filter 1980's detecting days. But th Pro mode is much faster, Even deeper as well.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Paul
NICE FINDS !!.....That's great that you were able to find this much stuff in a pounded park !!....That Franklin is a SWEET FIND on it's own !!......How deep were you hitting the Silver ? .....Thanks, Jim

Thanks Jim,

The Franklin silver half was 6" inches on edge standing vertical six inches down, That's not very deep but I think that's why it's been missed all these years because it was standing in a vertical positon and my AT Pro caught it at the right angle.

The wheat pennies were down about 7-8" inches, Good signals too the AT Pro has no problem punching deep that's for sure. I'm sure eventully the AT Pro will be hitting the deeper coin signals when coming across them, For a single freq detector it does well for park silver.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Paul ,
EXCELLENT !!...... Did you by chance get a "DOUBLE " beep on that 50 cent peice ? .....Sometimes coins on edge with give you a double beep on some machines depending on the coil ....Certain coils will read both sides of the coin if it's on edge .....I've experience it , but rarely ... ....Just wonderiing if the AT Pro handled coins on edge the same ....Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim,

The silver half signal was a good signal but not a double beep and came in as a half dollar, But because the coin was on edge it fooled me and pinpointed off to the side.

Funny thing is about 11-12 years ago I dug up a silver half and it too was on edge, Not very deep same as this recent half and it too pinpointed off to the side. I was using my Sovereign back then, I bet there are allot of old coins not very deep and on edge, time to start hitting our pounded sites again :)

Thanks Jim,
Paul (Ca)

Very nice finds and AT pro seems to work just fine for coin hunting.:detecting:

Paul,
The SEF coils are GREAT for finding coins on edge ..... I don't think that I've even found more coins on edge than using a SEF coil .... They will actually give you a double beep when passing over them ....Your actual pinpoint would come in the middle of the 2 beeps !!....Perhaps the coil on the AT Pro reads a bit horizontally on one side only instead of 2 and maybe that is why it pinpointed off to the side ....Just a guess ..... Sometimes when there is iron nearby , the target will also pinpoint off to the side ..... The important thing is that you read the target and scored nicely !!....Jim

interestling machine but I am on the fence and still loving the new G2 I am testing for the compamy. They sent me one to test for them and I have been so impressed so far on how it loves round targets and how well it does in iron and how fast and deep it is.

Thanks Finder 82,

The AT Pro sure is a neat detector, Sure some will knock it but over all it's going to be a winner :)

Thanks again, Paul (Ca)

Hello Jim,

Yes, I have owned two SEF coils before. One for my Explorer the other for my T-2, I did notice double beeps with the T-2 with targets near the surface. Eventually, Sold both SEF coils staying with the T-2 stock coil and getting a Pro coil for the Explorer.

My Explorer XS, Well I kind of made some minor changes and now it's light as a feather. Mean looking too :)

Take care.
Paul (Ca)

Yeah ain't many of those puppies floating around out there. Used to find a few many years ago but extremely rare to stumble upon one these days. Even the Kennedys haven't been in circulation since about 2000 so no one is losing those.

Bill

Hey Lowboy,

I think the G-2 has an edge over the AT Pro for relic detecting, Not much but a slight edge due to the faster recovery speed....But, For a waterproof machine the AT Pro hands down is the better all terrain machine.

One of these days I'll take the long drive to your area, It'll be a blast to compare different detectors and dig on old dirt :)

Paul (Ca)