Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent Silver Finds

shafer44

Well, the Mercury curse that ended when I found the 2 mercs back in April, has truly ended. I recently found one in the front yard of a house that I had hunted previously with a bad coil. I hunt with a V3i and the previous time I was using the 4x6 coil. This time I used my 9" Spider eclipse. I actually got a hit for a crustie (zinc) penny and when I dug it out at about 3 inches, I went over the hole and had another 79 hit, so I dug a little deeper and out pops a 1942 D Merc. Then on another day, I was rehunting another front yard and only about 2" deep was one of the 1957 Rosies. Then, yesterday, I went to hunt a couple of yards and they were not vacated, so i moved on and found a house for sale and talked to the owner and she said she had a contract on the house and did not care if I hunted the front yard. I had to dig with my Lesche to avoid leaving big holes and the yard was mostly dirt and bermuda and weeds anyway, so I used my 4x6 to be able to better pinpoint and not make very large holes. The first coin i found in this yard was by the driveway and I got a 30-40 VDI and only 2" deep and out pops this glob of tar and the outer edge was showing, so I knew it was a coin, and with the VDI and all, I knew I had my second silver war nickel. Then I moved on and found a couple of crusties and a memorial and then I got a sweet tone along with an 80 VDI and about 4" down, I dug out the 1927D merc. After this I moved along to the middle of the yard and had no luck except a couple of pull tabs. Then I hunted around a big old tree that had been cut down and the stump removed. There were several large surface roots still there and detecting next to them I get another 79-80 VDI and 4" down, so I worked the lesche into this softer ground and out comes the other 1957D Rosie. I was more than happy to only find a total of 10 coins in this yard, BUT 3 of them were silver. When I got home, I put the nickel on a piece of lead and tapped with another piece of lead and managed to chip off the tar that was on the coin to find that it was a 1945D war nickel.

Good finds there shafer44! Congratulations on lifting the "merc curse" hahah. Your strategy of knocking on doors to obtain permission is sure paying of for you! Continued success! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks, Blind Squirrel. Love those Mercs.