Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rechargable batterys

carneygeorge

Hi Hay how do you clean the little ends for the rechargeables again. Mine were in my backback and got filled with dirt and when I cleaned them out they were messed up. HH George In Colorado

You can get a can of contact cleaner or TV tuner cleaner at Radio Shack for a couple of bucks. It will foam and crackle when it hits corrosion etc. but this is normal.
Good Luck

How did you like the hunt Saturday? I came out pretty good.

Let me hear from you. We elected new officers.

HH Alton

Oxidized? Bleeding electrolyte?..

If oxidized, pencil eraser will do the trick (contacts on the Minelab rechargeable batteries are not gold nor silver plated, so you have nothing to loose here). Try to avoid "wet" cleaning, those batteries are not liquid-proof.

But if your batteries are bleeding electrolyte, dispose them. There is nothing you can do without seriously endangering your detector. It's not worth it, really.

Keep your batteries dry and clean (I recommend appropriately sized zip-lock bags and small "rechargeable" packages of silica gel, like this one for example).

Good luck with your batteries and HH!
Trent

Hi The battery was in the bottom of my camelback. I took the battery out and the two indentures were full of WET dirt. When I cleaned them out or off they seem to be pitted. I wonder if they made some kind of complete circiut whith the dirt being moist, the mositure probably came from a half bottle of water in the backpac.
I tried the pecil eraser no luck I'm not going to use this battery till I find out if it might cause a problem with my explorer. HH George In Colorado. PS I got four silvers and a 10K ring the day I got my extra battery wet