Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rechargeable 9 volt or Alkaline?

Minas man

:canadaflag:When I bought my detector Duracell battery's were on sale 4 pack $4.27 and I bought a large amount of them but now they are running out and the price now for 4 is in the $8 range. Tesoro recommends alkaline battery's only for there detectors.
Anyone using a 9 volt rechargeable system?
Thanks
Minas Man

That's all I use is rechargeable batteries. I found some on the "bay" that were red and black and had 325 mwa's? not sure on the designation, but I do know the number is 325. I also can tell you that these batteries seem to hold their charge for quite a considerable amout of detecting. I also use one in my propointer. I will see if I can find the name on them for ya.

ok here's the link....these batteries work very well and last quite a while in the Umax's.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/360582-REG/CTA_Digital_DB9V_9V_NiMH_325mAh_Rechargeable.html

I've used both alkaline and rechargeable on my Compadre, there is no difference between them

:canadaflag: I have ordered a set of 4- 300 mAh 9 volt Ni-MH (Nickel Metal Hydride) battery's and a charger from the former British Colony of Hong Kong. The charger can charge 2 batterys at a time so that is good. The price was $14 with free shipping to Canada. Shipping is fast from Hong Kong to Canada so I will give a review of the system after I test it.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/4-BTY-9v-9-Volt-Rechargeable-Battery-300mAh-Charger-/110606872068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c0aeee04
Thank you LittleJohn for answering the posts with links to battery sellers as they helped me research.

Minas man

Vaquero stock coil & 5x10 wide scan elliptical
headphones Killer Bee's
Garrett Pin pointer Pro

The only downside I've heard about rechargables is that they tend to lose power very abruptly, and not gradually like alkalines.

The only downside I've heard about rechargables is that they tend to lose power very abruptly, and not gradually like alkalines.

They do drop off power very abruptly, however as a general rule I always carry a backup set of batteries along with me. I dont know what benefit it would be to lose power gradually versus quick drop off....as when a battery is at that point of discharge it more than likely isn't providing the needed power to run your unit at it's peak efficiency any way....so whether it drops off fast or gradually...makes no difference in my opinion.

The big problen with the rechargeables is the voltage. Some are as low as 7 volts, none are 9 volts.

The 9 volt batteries that I use, which are rechargeable charge to 9.6 volts. I actually use them, I actually measure the voltage on them with a digital multimeter, so this is not opinion....merely stating facts.

LittleJohn said:

They do drop off power very abruptly, however as a general rule I always carry a backup set of batteries along with me. I dont know what benefit it would be to lose power gradually versus quick drop off....as when a battery is at that point of discharge it more than likely isn't providing the needed power to run your unit at it's peak efficiency any way....so whether it drops off fast or gradually...makes no difference in my opinion.

Yep. The way to go is with the 9.6 volt low discharge batteries (IMEDION), a smart charger (Powerex MH-C490F Stealth) and spare backup batteries.

For AA. The Eneloop low discharge batteries with the La Crosse BC-700 smart charger. Hands down the best for the money. PERIOD

tabman