Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rechargeable Batteries for the G2+

cookie58

I thought I would try the Tenergy 600mHa in the G2+. Is there anyone who has any information about whether or not to use them. I'm going to try to use them in a my garrett pin pointer too. Any comments will be appreciated.....

Hi im using Tenergy 250mah NiMH in my G2 and Makro pointer and havnt had any issues with em, been using em for about 5-7 months now. The last a long time, I charge them after two long hunts usally. After two hunts they usally only drop one mark on the G2 battery life indicator...

cookie58 said:
I thought I would try the Tenergy 600mHa in the G2+. Is there anyone who has any information about whether or not to use them. I'm going to try to use them in a my garrett pin pointer too. Any comments will be appreciated.....
My G2+ is on the way but I ordered two Maha Powerex Imedion 9.6V 230mAh NiMH Rechargeable plus a Charger.
Regular NIMH Rechargeables are 8.4 volts so I'm going to try the 9.6V ones.I don't see a problem but will let everyone know
if there is...
9.6V Maha

duggr said:
cookie58 said:
My G2+ is on the way but I ordered two Maha Powerex Imedion 9.6V 230mAh NiMH Rechargeable plus a Charger.
Regular NIMH Rechargeables are 8.4 volts so I'm going to try the 9.6V ones.I don't see a problem but will let everyone know
if there is...
9.6V Maha

Received the 9.6 Volt Maha's in the other day. Tested the Voltage with my meter and turns out they were 10.26 volts
out of the package. Put one in the G2 plus and it worked fine!

Mine are Tenergy 600mAh Lithium-ion. Mine comes out of the charger (green light on) with 8.4 volts. Does this sound right???

cookie58 said:
Mine are Tenergy 600mAh Lithium-ion. Mine comes out of the charger (green light on) with 8.4 volts. Does this sound right???
Thats sound right. I bought the Maha 9.6 volt slow discharge NIMH rechargeables.

They seem like they are going to last longer. I believe they will be much better than the alkaline 9volts that I was using. Thanks duggr for letting us know and let us know about the additional voltage. Whether it helps an already great machine or if it is even better with 10.26 volts..........Thanks.....

The circuit itself is voltage regulated, which has the result of also regulating current drain. Regulator dropout is about 6 volts. Anything over that is just wasted as heat and will not provide longer life. What matters is the milliamp hour capacity.

Until recently, rectangular rechargeables had poor mA-H capacity, typically less than half that of a good quality alkaline. However within the last several years there's been some big improvements.

Dave J. said:
The circuit itself is voltage regulated, which has the result of also regulating current drain. Regulator dropout is about 6 volts. Anything over that is just wasted as heat and will not provide longer life. What matters is the milliamp hour capacity.

Until recently, rectangular rechargeables had poor mA-H capacity, typically less than half that of a good quality alkaline. However within the last several years there's been some big improvements.

Here's what I ordered. Powerex Imedion 9V 9.6V 230mAh NiMH Rechargeable Maha Batteries
Dave How will the 230MaH current supply work for the G-2+?

Thanks Dave. I was thinking the extra voltage might make the three-ringers jump into our pouch without digging. No, just kidding. However, thanks to you for taking the time to answer questions about a great machine. Merry Christmas, TOO ALL!!!!!!!!

cookie58 said:
Thanks Dave. I was thinking the extra voltage might make the three-ringers jump into our pouch without digging. No, just kidding. However, thanks to you for taking the time to answer questions about a great machine. Merry Christmas, TOO ALL!!!!!!!!
I wasmore worried about the Voltage hurting the Detector! Was also wandering about the MAH (230) was going to last as long as regular Duracell Copper Top
Nine Volt's

Yes duggr. The increase in volts is good to know that it will not affect the detector. I am very glad that you brought that up and it was answered by Dave......Thanks........

duggr said:
cookie58 said:
I wasmore worried about the Voltage hurting the Detector! Was also wandering about the MAH (230) was going to last as long as regular Duracell Copper Top
Nine Volt's

Good quality alkalines, 500 to 650 mAH. So 230 mAH rechargeable, probably a little less than half the life you get from good quality alkaline.

I run the Tenergy 250 mAH on my F19 and Garrett pro pointer I get a good 15 hrs. and no issues I recommend getting a few extra for the long weekends.

By the way watch out for the new LiPo batteries they tend to run a bit large in size and may not fit in the detector.

That is good information, smjpainter. I have the 2 Tenergy and 2 EBL. They are the 600 mAh. I don't think the EBL s are too big. I will try them.