Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rechargeable batteries?

nugget

Hi all, I know we have a lot of technical minded guys and gals on this forum. I've just picked up some 1700mah rechargeables and charger yesterday. I went down to my little local beach for a test run, I found I was getting more falseing than usual, even in the sand tot lots. It is recommended that only alkalines be used in the T4's. Will using the 1700's damage the unit? Any feedback is well appreciated. I only got about $4.00 in coin a Zippo lighter and a fridge magnet with a thermometer with the detector, however I also scored a blow up jet ski (still inflated) and a kids play sprinkler (seal shape), still in the box unopened. Makes you wonder sometimes how such things get left behind, their loss is my little ones gain! HH regards Nugget.

although i to recently purchased a battery charger and some batteries for my MD. the energizer ones i think. finding the 9 volts in rechargable form is hard. wally-world dont carry them anymore and i dont think radio shack had any either.

nugget: you should have bought more powerful batteries, at least 2800 MAH, NiMH rechargeables. I use 4 in my digicam and always have an extra 4 charged. If my LAND STAR didn't take 9V I would use the 2800 mAh AAs.

dobbie: you can't beat eBay for a wide selection of rechargeable 9 volt battery+charger prices. I'm getting ready to buy 4 325 mAh with a charger but I have to use up my 4 Alkalines first so I don't get stuck with 9 volt batteries all over the apartment. I'm not detecting that much and the summer will keep me in until the cool weather arrives so I'll be buying the rechargeables later in the year OR early next year.

Golden Silver

I just saw 9 volt rechargeables at the Micro Center in Columbus, Ohio, singles for like $8.99, though I didn't look at the power rating on them. Looks like 160mA/h...

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0213143

Also same day bought Energizer 10-pack at Sam's Club for $16 and change. That's like a buck 60 per, plus tax. Best I have found thus far. After having paid 4 bucks each for 9-volts from the locals, it was a welcome break.

The rechargeables will NOT damage your T4, but most rechargeables are NOT true 9V batteries...Like any other rechargeable, they just do not come up to the voltage of a true Alkaline battery...Neither do Heavy Duty Batteries (Found this out the hard way)...Powerex makes a true 9.6V rechargeable (when fully charged I actually get 10.2V off them with no load)...a little expensive, but WELL worth it, but I have found that the Bounty Hunters like a true 9 volts, and if anything less is used, the detector starts to act strange...I just picked up a used White's Classic II SL that takes 8 AA batteries, and they are supposed to last 80 hours if you use headphones all the time.

HH,

BH-LandStar

Thats what im going to use (Powerex 9.6) . Ordered charger that came with 3 added one more,so I will have replacements.They came today.The charger is the one they suggested.

Good Deal mooney...it is always good to get the charger that goes with the batteries...all chargers are NOT created equal...

HH,

BH-LandStar