Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recieved Fisher GB today . Unfortunately....

Beachcomber

Now I need to know which Tek 11" coils work properly on it and how to tell them apart. When I ordered the GB SE with both coils from the Dealer I assumed (my big mistake) that I was getting the Fisher 11" coil designed for the GB SE. Personally I feel I should have been informed in advance that I wasn't getting the Fisher coil. The coil that was in the box says Teknetics on it not Fisher. From what I have read it's hit or miss getting a Tek coil that works properly and with the same performance as the Fisher coil. So how do I tell which Tek coil this is and wheter it is one of the coils that has as good of performance as the FIsher coil that was designed for the GB SE. Anyway I could be making something out of nothing but I don't want to have spent all this money on a new detector only to have it not performing up the standards that it was designed for. Thanks for the help!!!!!

HH

Beachcomber

There is no 11" specifically designed for the GBSE. "The Fisher coil" IS the Tek coil. DJ has discussed this many times. I personally use the 11" that I use on my Tek Frat Boys also on my GBSE and it runs exceptionally well as has been stated. The ONLY "hit or miss" of a Tek coil operating on a GBSE is around the concentrics and that also has been discussed many times over. All along Fisher has said the GBSE was not designed to run any of the (Tek Frats) concentrics but occasionally one of them accidently seems to run marginally or OK. Take the Tek sticker off of your 11" if it really messes with your head but it is not messin' with your GBSE or causing sub-par performance.

That clears it up for me. I ordered the 11 inch Omega 8000 Coil and it seemed to perform great!

I have only been reading this Forum for the past week or so it's going to take me a little time to get up to speed and to learn all these things. I thought Fisher had come out with an 11" coil for the GB SE as I thought I read a Post where someone said their 11" coil did say Fisher on the bottom of it. But thanks for letting me know that the Tek 11" DD should be fine on the GBSE.

HH

Beachcomber

I can certainly understand the confusion floating around about this subject. I think the intent is that these coils will come (some already are) with the "appropriate" sticker on them but it's essentially an aesthetic formality as they're gonna be (and are) the same coil. Hope the combo works well for you.

No Fisher, No Tek, no sticker, no nothing, so I have no idea what it is but all I know is it works perfect. Super fast recovery, deep and stable when beach hunting.

Gonna go park hunting with it tomorrow and I am sure it will work just as good.

Just a lot of new info to learn on this FOrum especially with the different names for Tek and Fisher coils. I originally thought that Frat Brother Coils were an aftermarket company making coils for Fisher and Teknetics like Sunray does. Finally figured out it is just what some people are calling coils made for the Teknetics Alpha through Omega Series of detectors. It will take me a couple weeks to get used to the jargon used on this Forum. As well as what hardware is interchangeable between Teknetics and Fisher detectors.

THanks

HH

Beachcomber

concentric's that go on some of the tek machines that wont work....But your good to go ...And congrats on a great machine!!

Keith

Hi,

Something is up with that. All the Gold Bugs Inhave seen have a big sticker on top that say Gold Bug. I just got a Gold Bug myself, and ordered the 11" DD coil for it, Fisher part number 11COIL-GB. May be the same coil as the Teknetics, but it is a Fisher part number. No sticker on it at all.

Steve Herschbach

but I think there the same as the Omega from what Dave J. Say's

Good luck with the GB ..Its the only machine lately that has really gave me the WOW factor!!!

Keith Southern

I am sure the coil issue can be very confusing to anyone who has not been reading the posts on this forum, personally I had a problem at first putting the Frat Bros name and the Tek greek series together it looks as if First Texas is running a little ahead of itself with the new GB so has not got all the information formally in place hence the lack of labels, and Buckeyebrad I like the "aesthetic formality" :thumbup:

As long as the dealers know what coil goes with what I am sure everything will be alright.

I just wish I knew what this new coil under development will be for as it could influence my preorder for the G2.

I read the owner's manual last night and near the end of the manual it discusses the 11"DD coil and the manual gives a part #11COIL-TEK. Go figure. Maybe someone from Fisher will jump in here and clear this up once and for all. Maybe the 11COIL-TEK is the same coil as the 11Coil-GB. If they are that's fine but if they aren't I would definitely want to get the coil designed for the machine. Definitely a bit on the confusing side. HI Steve where did you get the part number that you have for the 11" coil?

Thanks

Beachcomber

Hi,

From the Fisher price list.

My manual says the same thing, and I bet they are the same coil. The manual probably got put together before they assigned a Fisher part number.

Steve Herschbach

Problems with the Gold Bug and silver coins, coil questions, advertisements of a Gold Bug Pro at a different frequency, etc. The Fisher web site does not even have the specs posted on the Gold Bug yet ( at least the last time I checked it did not).

Needless to say, with all of that, my GB SE after the fixes works great with both coils and I am very happy with it.

I guess that is the bottom line isn't it. It works great and you are happy with it! What else can you ask for. I just wanted to be sure that I had the right coil for the machine as I want it to be the best it can be ;) I expect a lot of a new machine. I have been spoiled by previous high performance machines I have owned over the years...many of which were in part or in total designed by Dave Johnson. So this GB SE has a lot to live up to for me :)

HH

Beachcomber

You will discover the answer to your coil questions. Dave Johnson did address this a while back.

The Gold Bug 11" DD & the Omega 8000 11" DD coil are one in the same. Untill just very recently the coils were not marked, even though they carry a different part number. I'm sure very shortly they all will have their own name stickers on them.

Mr. Bill

Just cut out the Fisher logo on the box and tape it to the coil. Then there will be no question or confusion.