Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recommend me a Vibra, please

KinTN

I'm looking at acquiring a Vibra-Quatic 2 for water pinpointing. It seems like the best model for the way I would use it. I don't do much beach (yet), but have a couple of river swimming holes near home that I want to work. There will be some larger rocks(think bowling ball size) that I'm going to have to work around so a scoop wont be able to do the job efficiently. Also, if theres a better stand alone waterproof product out there, I'd love to know about it. Please offer your relevant recommendations, comments, and smart remarks.
TIA!

(I have all the dryland pinpointers that i'll ever need- this will be strictly a snorkel depth pinpointer)

i am frugal! land machine=tesoro vaquero. beach=garrett seahunter. i have an manual pinpointer and a vibra 850--tough as nails and works great. i pinpoint mostly inland targets and i do a lot of relic hunting. the bigger the target--the further away it starts vibrating. i have used it on the beach--wet sand--to pick out small targets. i don't water hunt much in the surf as it's usually to rough. the probe does work well in wet sand cause pinpointing with the garrett pulse isn't the easiest thing to do.

another nice thing--vibration is easier to deal with instead of beep beep beep.