Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recommendation needed

rodbuster

I have looked at what is on the market and need a recommendation for a detector that I can hunt with in the rain and some fresh water beach hunting. I am using a T2 and have good success with it but in wet conditions wrapping it in plastic to keep it dry isn't the way to go. A learning curve isn't a problem with a new detector and I have thousands of hours in the field over the last 40 years but each company claims to out gun the other guy on what they can offer. I have 2 detectors that I use for diving but aren't the best on land, my T2 and a few others work great on land but not in wet conditions. Does any one have a recommendation or brand that they have had luck with. Thanks

I would say the MX7, the AT Pro or Max or one of the Equinox's are the way to go for total waterproofing.
There might be some waterproof foreign jobbies out there now, also, but I don't know for sure.
I don't know anything about the Whites, between the Garrett and Minelab units the ML's have more adjustments on board.
I have an 800 so I am kinda biased towards that one, myself.

I like my Whites MX7 and I have used it in light rain and snow. I still protect the battery box because the headphone jack is exposed otherwise and I really hate using the inner speaker on any detector. The MX Sport would be a better idea if you really want a waterproof submersible detector. It will give you total piece of mind in all kinds of weather plus you be able to hunt in the water. It is slightly heavier than the MX7.

I have used a Fisher F44 a few years back. That one is weather proof as well. Not submersible but I have used it in the rain a few times with the internal speaker. No issues. I think the F22 is weather proof as well.

As far as I know, The Nokta/Makro Kruzers and Anfibio are also waterproof. I don't have those but I have a Nokta Fors CoRe and I like it. I would not hesitate to buy any of their products.

Equinox or Anfibio is the way to... Way more performance and features in those detectors compared to the AT series and Whites MX sport. Really no comparision....

Tesoro Tiger shark?Well proven for freshwater beach hunting and totally waterproof/submersable.Also simple to operate and an alternative to a detector with vdi and loads of programs......also fast response in trashier areas.

Been waiting for you to go [size=large]"one on one"[/size] with the Nox vs. Anfibio, in your test garden. Should be an amazing comparison, yes?