Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

record clad 4 me! (under 1 hour)

GoVidGo

OK... I got off the forums and had to go down to the local little league baseball field by my house, less than 5 minutes away. I have to work later and just had the bug, especially after reading some great posts here. Clad is a good morale booster for me, especially in a non-hunted park. I was there a total of 45 minutes with the Etrac. The park was sodded over some years back and areas redone, so the coins are either on the surface or about 3" down. It was nice hitting shallow nickels on the Etrac, an easy 12-13 on the readout.
I wonder why there was a 1990 English Five pence in the park? wierd....

quarters= 5
dimes= 11
nickles=3
pennies=8
wheaties= 1
odd coin= 1990 French five pence
garbage= 2 tabs and 1 foil

Sort of fun just sniping shallow clad eh GVG? :clapping: Some of the most amazing foreign coins I have found come from schoolyard/totlots...I remember reading a post here a few years back where somebody found a silver dollar in a school chip totter...I think the kids either take them from poor old grandpa's coin collection, or they are given to them for some reason...a few weeks back I found a fresh Australian dollar coin in such a place.
Mud

Digging clad can be a good exercise in training your ears and your eyes. Let's face it we are not going to find jewelry and silver coins on every hunt. Matter of fact look at your gold and silver finds as compared to the clad a relics you dig. Way more hits on clad than good stuff. The fun is in the hunt. Just getting out of the house and out in nature. Great hunt, you always learn no matter what you dig up, it's all a learning process. Way ti go.