Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RECORD NEW __COIL SPILL__ IN SMALL AREA!!!

So I took one of my expeditions down to the end of the street (after checking weather radar of course). (; All looked well enough for the time being. I was getting spoiled by finding several English Coppers of 10 and 20 Pense. What beautiful big coppers! So I thought I might attempt to converge on this area of coppers again by starting out and working in from several different angles. Nothing... all this, a lot of fill. I recall just getting a good non-ferrous target on the Anfibio Multi set in 3 tone, 0 discriminated, and 20 KHZ., for a change. I noticed the EMI was so very low that I could up the recommended 70, all the way to 96. Of course using the PulseDive as well.

And about 20 feet from the area where I found the English Coppers, I get a strong non-ferrous! Turns out to be UF cable down about 6", and now that ran across in front of me. AT THIS TIME...when you hit a junk target area like this, you simply want to take a half dozen big steps ahead and continue on detecting. Who can blame you? But I only moved up a few feet, hit the UF feeder again, and knew now that I had never worked this area.

But another couple steps ahead changed things completely! Good sounding note, 60s. And out comes a zinc penny, then another. I decide to check the area as to what I'm dealing with, and to my amazement, there are valid coin signals all over! All the same about 60s, But now I thought I had something special...and it was, because I could practice on it with the Anfibio Multi and PulseDive. I found I could run the machine virtually wide open in the high 90s, I just prefer 96, so it don't blow up!!! And what a difference on the coin readouts. Instead of a mill saw whirling blade type of sound, in the high 60s, it because a sharp, exacting, snap with clean ends, very nice. And I thought to myself.... when the EMI is low...it IS WISE to run the power up high! A much CLEANER, CRISPER RESPONSE....ALMOST SEEMING TO PULL IN THE EXCESS SIDES AND TIGHTEN IT UP.

But I thought...what would LOW POWER DO? AND I REDUCED THE GAIN IN STEPS OF 10 FOR EACH PASS. First, 95, then 85, 75, 65, 55, 45, 35,25, and finally at 15 I had to use my best skills to still ID this target unmolested in the ground. Shows there is a very wide amount of power settings available to use. If you know targets are not deep, you can run less gain, and keep the machine quiet and smooth. And in areas with low EMI, you can crank the hell out of it, up into the mid-90s and it really shows off well.

I very having fun, an exciting time. On high gain up on 96, I also learned this. The difference between a zinc penny and a nice copper one SHOWED UP...DAY AND NIGHT DIFFERENCE WITH THE GAIN WAY UP! I swore I was reading dimes, but it waa just real copper penning. i mean a clean, sharp, snap of a signal, and about 75 steady on the meter...WITH THE REAL COPPER PENNY. THIS DIFFERENCE ON HIGH POWER BETWEEN A ZINC PENNY AND A COPPER PENNY WAS SO VERY EASY TO SPOT, BUT ONLY WHEN THAT GAIN WAS UP HIGH! The sound difference was dramatic, and their were coins everywhere about 3-5" deep.

For whatever reason...I had come across out in middle of a grass yard, a patch of coins numbered TWENTY-FIVE EXACTLY ( ALL PENNIES 20 ZINC, 5 COPPER...get this...in a 3'x5' area!!! They were so thick, that I was getting just as many hits off the PulseDive, leading me continue with the "plug extension" out off the end, by what the PulseDive showed me! She was a singing!!! Ahhh...what excitement to know there is all those coins there, but not really what denominations, early on. So I had my fun, my thrill for the days to come. Twenty-Five coins in a 3x5' area??? Any ideas? Well anyway...this is my new record coin spill of 25. I doubt I will ever beat it...and that's ok, my prior was 14, but those were all gold from a shipwreck...to get a coin spill in one area.

And so again we find out, that had I taken several big steps ahead from that UF Electrical Wire, I would of quickly passed the 3' area, as the 3' lay across the path. I actually feel I am guilty of doing exactly that at this spot in the past hitting the wire, and moving up several big steps without detecting. And the moral of the story remains... Metal detecting is so much fun, just because you really never know what will be down in that next hole. At least for me. ANYONE HAVE A COIN SPILL BIGGER YET??? Thank You.