Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RECOVERY... Is This OK ??

ferdware

Hi all,

I took some previous advice from an earlier post about recovery.

I placed two, well I used gold rings about a foot apart and swept at my normal speed over them and adjusted my recovery so that it picked up both rings.

It turns out that I had to set my recovery speed to 20.

Is this to fast? Am I compromising anything like depth?

Yes I swing fast. I hunt mostly beaches try to cover as much ground as possible.

Thanks
FERD

Hi Fred, I read a post that faster thean 45 you start to loos Depth, Mickfin

"Hi there, Ferdware" (That rhymes well!)

Do you remember the song, "What's it all about Alfie" ?

Well, that is the question you should be asking regarding the reason for adjusting your detector

TheMarshall said:
"Hi there, Ferdware" (That rhymes well!)

Do you remember the song, "What's it all about Alfie" ?

Well, that is the question you should be asking regarding the reason for adjusting your detector

I just had a scenerio tonight at the park running my V3 set for searching deeper targets.In this park I usually run my RD at 80-90 and sweep pretty slow,but thats not really important.The situation I came across (and wasnt sure of,but was pretty suspicious of) was a 3" deep nickel (on my left side) about four inches away from a 7" deep silver dime (to the right of the nickel).When I swung from left to right,Id get the fairly solid 18-19 VDI and as the coil was passing it,Id get a very sporadic 56-57 VDI that seemed to cut off very short.Sweeping right ot left,Id get a quick 70 VDI,cut very short by the 18-19 VDI.Pinpointing from right to left would give me the 2.5 freq dominant at 7-8", immediately changing to the 22.5 in very short order.I dug the nickel and rescanned where I was getting the 2.5 freq hit and with the nickel out of the situation,got a very solid and repeatable 81-82 VDI and proceeded to dig the 54' rosie.Would I have gotten a better response on the dime with a little faster recovery delay using the same swing speed? The answer is a very possible "yes",but these are the situations you have to learn to interpret when trying to hunt deep for the remaining silver that is out there.I have no doubt this would have been passed as trash by many a detectorist.

For me 45 would be the shortest I would go.