Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recovery Speed comparison question

Calnevaroy

Is there any difference in the Recovery Speed between the MXT and MXT Pro? How does the M6 compare to the MXT/MXT Pro in it's Recovery Speed? I'll be hunting in rusty iron situations and looking for a detector that has the ability to find good (non ferrous) targets near iron at depth (6"- 9") in mineralized ground. Also, if I were to buy the MXT Pro, would the 12" coil be "V" rated and usable on my V3i? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Calnevaroy, I am purchasing an MXT Pro so don't have any physical experience as of yet, but I have done a ton of research on this unit and may be able to help. As far as I can tell, if you go to White's website [url=http://www.whiteselectronics.com]www.whiteselectronics.com[/url] and look at the stock 12" Spider Coil, you will see it is in fact "V" rated. Also there are a ton of videos on this unit and the MXT, showing the recovery speed. From what I have seen myself it is very fast and with experience and the right settings, I think you will find it is one of the best. I have owned many different machines, and I have to tell you I am so excited to be able to purchase this one. I chose this one over the higher end ones because of its versatility and ease of use. I recommend you take some time and review the videos available, they are very helpful. Good luck in your decision and Happy Hunting!

Calneveroy,there is no difference in recovery speed between the mxt and the pro version or the m6 for that matter.I have owned both the mxt pro and the m6 and I can tell you this.....you would not be disappointed with either machine as they are both brilliant.I live in England and search for small roman and hammered coins in high trash areas and I have had success with both these machines.If you use a smaller coil than the standard you will do well in the trash.I used the sef 8x6 coil on my mxt pro as my standard coil and found this to be an excellent coil,particularly sensitive to tiny items.

Recovery speed is the same for all three. If your not going to prospect then the M6 is a great choice. If you just want an MXT then get the MXTpro-950. You don't or need a 12 inch coil for iron festation or regular coin hunting for that matter. This will save you some cash. Plus the extra features on the Pro is worth the money over the standard MXT.