Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recovery speed for ATX Curious what do you set yours at

saltwater jim

I always thought a fast speed recovery was best to run a pulse very smooth so ive been running mine at fast speed even though the manuel says run without a recovery setting. Helps me here faint whispers im really amazed at the depth this atx gets, still hate pinpointing thoyugh but getting better So what recovery speed are you using and why jimmy

You hit the shift button then set it at slow medium or fast maybe im calling it the wrong thing but im pretty sure its recovery speed jim

Just checked the manual. You are referring to what they call ground tracking. I always have mine turned off. Manual says only to use if you have to constantly re-ground balance, otherwise you loose depth. I never have to ground balance more than once or twice while in the saltwater. I guess it depends on your local conditions. I run in some really hot minerals but do fine with it off. I only use my ATX at the beach and in the water if that helps.