Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recovery Speed

sharkbait

I'm still trying to figure out the settings for the nox 600. What recovery speed is everyone using ? How do you raise or lower the sens ?

Sensitivity is somewhat situation dependent, but if you stick with a "mid-range" value, you are good in most cases. You lose very little depth with a mid-range setting, but the machine is still very fast, at such a setting. You raise and lower the sensitivity by pressing the + and - buttons, on either side of the "settings" button, when in detect mode.

Steve

sharkbait said:
I'm still trying to figure out the settings for the nox 600. What recovery speed is everyone using ? How do you raise or lower the sens ?

recovery speed should be changed to match the density of trash youre hunting in.

Recovery speed and sweep speed are proportional related. You still need to slow down in the trash heap. The 'nox is WAY faster than we are. More so with the small coil!

Agree with the guys who have already posted. For me after my last rotator cuff surgery, part of my personal rehab was retraining my muscles in my swing arm to have control over my 3030 coil. That entailed slowing down the speed of my swing. The byproduct was keeping the coil over the target longer and while I was just going out to work on swing control, I started digging deep silver. And these were places that were beat to death. In my test garden I have one 10 inch merc. One thing that I noticed was that at a 6 I could barely notice it. At a 2 it became a digable target. So if you have unlimited time on a site, set it lower and swing slower and you will be hearing deeper targets. And if you don't have the time or again there is lots of trash the Equinox is really fast so crank it up. But for me on my sites, the lower Recovery is boss.

Need some help from ya'll. Today I took my 600 to a lake in my town that is being drawn down due to a construction project. This lake is in the center of town and has been a popular place since 1880. I found a BB gun, watch, several cell phones, assorted stuff and some coins all modern. My problem is the 600 was going crazy even when I lifted the coil in the air. I did have some success by searching very slow and the 6 inch coil helped me find some coins. I think there is gold jewelry and old coins but I need some help. Lots of trash in this lake and I'm not sure what number gold would appear. I can tell you that 26 is great for old aluminum cans. Suggestions appreciated.

I can tell you that air testing on my 800 with a dime at a recovery of 1 gives 11" and a recovery of 7 gives 7". Seems to really start loosing depth after recovery of 4. Sensitivity can still be deep at 18-19 and gives less iron falsing. Just my results.

Hunt........EMI buddy. Middle of town.... lights and a lot of underground HOT wires to everywhere. Id work it ....... takes some days, but start with a low sensitivity .... then increase it each time you hunt.... you might be surprised what low sensitive gives you.