Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rectangular coin from 17th century and other finds.

EOS

Since two months back I got permission to hunt on a very excating ground.
It is what use to be a small island with a mansion built in 13th century.
This area I hunt on used to be a park for the people in the mansion.

Here they had there picnic,played games,walking the paths,and other things you do outdoors ;)
Now it is a pen,cows keep the grass short,so its easy to detect.

I help the land owner by picking up all the sharp metal objects that are in the ground.A highway goes right through the park and you can imagine how much cans I find along the road.
They can hurt the livestock real bad.So I "sanitate" the park from all those metal objects.

Also it used to be a saloon near the bridge, for thirsty and hungry people 3-400 years ago.

I use my Xterra 705 and E-trac on this ground. Favorit coil on Xterra for this ground is 10.5" MF and E-trac Ultimate coil and for thrasy ground small 6x8 SEF.

Most of this find I

:clapping: That's just nothing short of astounding Mike!

I can only dream of hunting somewhere that there are 400 year old coins to find.

Thanks for sharing, and continued good luck on your future hunts there. :thumbup:

Wow those are some really old coins and some really good pictures. Congratulations on finding them.

You guys are lucky to be able to have places like that and to be able to find coins that old. WOW and congrat's on the sweeeet old finds.

Wow! that is a dream for most of us - You made some fantastic finds!

Thanks guys!

Yes its a good spot even if find rate is not very high. On some places there is a massive attack of bottle caps,old ones,you know the one that goes in very high.
But you hear when you pass over coins like this. Its such a sweet tone,and the square coin is a clear 46 on the Xt705.

On the attached coin image, you can see the big coin,a 1 ore from 1628. That coin is HUGE. Almost 2 inch, big and heavy.How do you lose a coin like that?.Imagine having 5-6 of them in the pocket.
One of this huge coin would have get you a pitcher of beer,thats the value in 1628.
:)
We was out today and only had a tiny small 1/12 ore from 1840.Very quiet.Horse fly,ticks and other bugs did there best to scare us away but have no succes.

The trash image is what I have found in the park.A lot of unwanted metal no longer there:)

Great Stuff !!!
a win / win situation fro the land owner / detectorist :clapping:
Some great old coins there, congrats :biggrin:

Been out a couple of times since last!

Yesterday I searched under a big rock and got this really good signal.ID 40 on the xterra.Had no chance to reach it.Way down under the stone.

Had a nice silver ring that just snapped when recovering it.Have happened to me before.Its made 1876 by the silver smith Anders John Bollwy in Falun/Sweden.

Another good signal was of more dangerous character.Sharp ammunition!!. Didnt dare to put it in my finds bag,so I left it there and picked it up later.
Had a old button,and close a horseshoe. The 5x10" dd likes iron,and I like horseshoes :)

I ended my search up on the old coffee cottage that was built 1830.The veiw from there is stunning ,overlooking the lake.I can understand why they built it there.

Mike

So you are in Sweden? I have found a 1875 2 ore in Bigfork, Montana and a 1907 5 ore in Sommers, Montana. there was a very large population of Sweds in this area many years ago. Also found a 1758 Isle Of Man Penny in Whitefish, Montana. Thats got to be one of the oldest coins ever found in Montana, with a detector, I would think. Who knows. Lol. Do you get to keep the coins you find, or do you have to turn everything over to the Swedish government?

What the government don't know, won't hurt them. LOL

Yes in Sweden,two hours west from Stockholm. I had a pocket spill last time out and 3 of them coins was 2 ore 1874 and 1875...funny.
I have relativ in US,most of them moved to Minnesota. On the family tree on my fathers side I can see a lot of relative left sweden in the late 1900,around 1880