Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Red Heat Tornado

I owned a mk11 and xd 17 micro.Red heat machines are pretty good but sometimes the hype surrounding them is a little far fetched.

I just picked one up and was wondering if anyone had one or has one now and would know what coils there are for it and what khz it operates in.

The tornado was 13khz I believe.Trying to get coils for it will be near impossible now as the machines are no longer made.Sometimes you can find them secondhand but this is becoming more difficult.They were made by a man called Vic Fiveash in a small workshop at the bottom of his garden in England.They were originally made to search the foreshore on the river Thames in London were there is a lot of iron contamination, where the machines ability to pick through the iron was highly regarded.No two machines are exactly the same as most customers had the machines made to their own specifications and that is why two tornados can look considerably different.Vic's machines are still highly sought after,but sadly he died a while back and nobody can repair them if they go wrong.
If you want another coil it might be worth contacting Kevin at staffordshire metal detectors(England) and ask him to look out for one.....he ships worldwide and his sevice is second to none.He is probably your best bet to get coils for these machines.Might be worth sending him an email.
All the best,neil.

Hi Neil,thanks for the info,it was Kevin I got the Red Heat from and he is keeping a eye out for a smaller coil for me.

I hope he gets one for you,you'll have some good finds with the tornado.......especially at those iron infesred sites.