Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Red Heat Tornado

beau61

Just picked one up.Does anyone own or have owned one?Would like to know kHz it operates in and what size coils were made for it.

I have had them in the past , I met Vik Fiveash in Peckham London a few times and hunted with him occasionally . I have had the mk 2 , mk4 Lightning , Tornado x 2 , XD 17 x 2 and the XD 17 micro .
The Tornado runs on 13 khts as I recall on a 8.5 in coil but Vik modified my first one so it ran on the XD freq too at 17khts with a 10 in coil , also supped it up too which made it very deep.

They are not easy to get spares for anymore due to Vik dying on 6 November 2006 of Pancreatic cancer . The stems are made from a single tripod stem of a camera tripod but the rest he made from scratch .

The only coil I know that was made for the Tornado is the concentric that it comes with.

Good luck and look after the old Tornado .

Richard

Hi Richard,thank you for that information.To know and detect with the fellow must have been an experience.I will look after it,it is in good condition,and I do like the tripod arm for the stem.Works well.It is a keeper.Beau

I wish I kept 1 of each of the Tornado and XD17 .

Yes Beau , Vik was very intelligent and knew what he was doing . He should me around his rooms where he made the machines and coils , its a great pity that he died.

At the time he was getting ill , he was about to release a new Tornado but I never saw one and at the time of his death I was only a few weeks from getting one.

Brian the 4.5in coil is very rare, like the machines are getting. I really wish I kept my XD17.

I just picked up a 4.5 coil for the Tornado,never thought I would find one.Works good,with batteries and 4.5 coil, Tornado weights over a lb.feels lighter than my Deus.Its my favorite detector in my collection.Found the coil in GB

Hello Nuke Em! Cheers from the U.S. I was wondering how quick these machines are in terms of recovery speed/ target separation as it seems that a lot of my fellow citizens seem to like to have used the 'great outdoors' as a way to get rid of their rubbish in the ballparks, parks, etc., that we have around here where I live. Of course the smaller 4.5" coil, I'm sure, would be better at 'cherry picking' out the smaller gold rings, necklaces, earrings, etc. in between trash than the larger coil:twodetecting: