Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Red Racer finds a nice one today.

B.RATNY

But it wasn't enough to be the winner of the day, My buddy found a beautiful 1885 key date V-nickel. And prize for the oldest coin went to another friend for his 1863 Indian Head penny. All in all a great day out.

I never knew those existed- amazing

Those are sooooo cool and hard to find. Gratz.

Can't go wrong with that. Congrats to you and your buddy!

You don't see that coin everyday. Congrats.

Thanks fo all the kind comments, I can't wait until the weather gets better so I can get to some of my colonial sites with the Racer.
HH Butch NY

the Racer didn't let you down. Those 3-Centers don't show up very often, and I concentrate on older activity sites. Haven't found once since 2008 hunting with five others at an old site that has rewarded me well for decades, but that has been the only 3¢ to be recovered my me or anyone I have been in contact with who has hunted there. The other finds were definitely keepers to be pleased with, but for me and my way of thinking, I'd put my check mark by your coin as a winner!

Which coil were you using, and do you recall the mode and settings? How about a site description?

Monte

Hi Monte, the hunt was at an old civil war training site. Most of the area is now wooded. Quite a bit of iron debris, with the main problem being bits and pieces or barbed wire fence. I was using the stock coil 3 tone mode, gain at 80 and filters at 25. I ordered a small coil just waiting for it to get here. I can't wait to get back there with the small coil.
HH Butch NY