Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Red Racer finds me a "first"

OregonGregg

Well, I gotta say I am surprised that my Red Racer can find anything today after ML claims to have made my poor lil machine obsoleted. Makro discontinued the Red Racer. Poor Red is getting it from all directions........

Anyhow, So I went to an old local spot in my area. Detected a while with the Original Racer (Red) with 7" Concentric. Finally got an iffy signal kicked some dirt away from the top and signal improved a bit so I went after it. When I finally had it out of the ground it was shiny and half-dime size. ( I didn't have my cheater glasses on) Thought well that's crazy, would be very rare to find something like that in this location.

Finally got back to the pickup and put on my cheaters and it turns out it might be a rare "cent" coin. Another "first" find with the Red Racer, a Henny Penny.

You're killin' it Gregg. LOL The Red Racer is no slouch!

Nice find.,,Does that red grip make it easier to swing? I was thinking about beefing up the grip on my r2 somehow.

I’m pretty sure those Henny Pennies are obsolete now, which makes it an Appropriate find for your poor ‘obsolete’ Red Racer. :biggrin:

This puts you in the lead for Silver AND Henny Pennies with Monte if I figure correctly.

Rich

LOL thanks guys, I'll take what I can get. I do have Monte beat as far as Henny Pennies but we are tied on Silver as of now. As far as the grip I use the Enduro Bike Grip. I found my online at a place called 360 Cycles. I like them over the foam, are easier to clean and in the case of the Racer 2 it does thicken up the grip. The R2 has a skinny foam grip and I like it a bit thicker. They have a nice feel and grip.

That is on killer grip. I think I'll fit one to my F19. The only 360 cycle I found is one in Ireland (Google). I gather you put two of those handle bar grips together to get the length you needed ?

Mike, sorry I lead you astray. it was 365 cycles. However, it looks like they may not have them anymore. But yes its a 22mm Bike grip. Usually, come in pairs and I just used both for the R2. The Enduro's fit the best....a real bear getting on, but once on they are there for good. ( really tight fit)

Bigtom123 said:
Nice find.,,Does that red grip make it easier to swing? I was thinking about beefing up the grip on my r2 somehow.

Tom the fastest and easiest way is to use tennis racquet tape/grip tape ( see pic) it protects the foam and you can wind on as much as you want until the grip is to the thickness that you like. That is what I did before I put the bike grips on. It will last about a season. When it starts getting ratty you can just unwind it off and put some new on.

So what you're really saying is that old Red is done you better at finding play coins then seated half dimes.... I don't believe it for a second I watched you dig a half dime with old Red on one of Monties ghost town trips :detecting:

LOL, I figured I'll just leave the cheater glasses at home, then everything will be half dimes and nice finds :) Hoping soon Monte will get some of the smaller optional coils for the Multi Kruzer. Would like to give it a try at some old sites and try the 4 tone mode, which from reading your post is turning into one of your favorite modes. Curious, which freq is you're favorite for working the sites that you detect?

Hey Gregg,

I need to order a pair of those little tiny glasses that fold up, and you can stick in your wallet as unfortunately I'm also challenged with seeing small print these days.

I'm on a little road trip right now continuing Multi Kruzer field testing and made a nice find yesterday, a seated dime at a very "worked out hard hit" site, but without my glasses I have no idea what the date and mint mark are, that will have to wait until I get home.

For sifting through trash, and iron, and see of nail environs 19 kHz is definitely the way to go

Thanks for getting back, I will give that set up a shot. Use your cell phone to get a close-up pic as you can.....then when you look at the pic zoom in. Is a neat trick for making the small print bigger. I have done that a few times when I find something exciting and don't wanna walk back to the truck. Just take a pic of it and then zoom in on the pic.

Congrats on the seated dime. :)

Scottowl said:
Wow, that ain't exactly chicken feed.
Oh, wait...

LOL :)

not too many pennies that feature a bird......me and Ol'Red got one of them. If only I could just get the other.......

nycapt said:
did you place it over the old grip?

No, I removed the foam grip. Takes approx an hour or so. To start loosen up the arm cup ( it will slide off the shaft) then flip it over and remove the six screws on the bottom. Gently lift that section and there is a connector that you have to disconnect. Once you have done that set that aside and then there will be 4 more screws to remove. Then you can slide the armcup and upper part of battery housing off the shaft. Then take a small screwdriver and pop the plug that holds the collar in place at the end of the foam grip then slide it off and the foam.

Put the grips on ( can be a bear, works easier if you heat the grips up for a minute in hot water) You will have to trim the grips a bit to fit then put it all back together and your good to go.

All this talk of grips and stuff made me decide to give my Red Racer backup machine an overhaul. Now if the original Racer fails someday in the future this one will be ready to go :)

The Red wrap, really sets that off. My Red Racer ended up being pretty much my "go to" machine last year, relegating my Core to second. Still quite Frozen here in Kansas, but when it thaws "Ol Red" will be the first one I grab....

So far this year I have prob used the Red Racer the most. In the iron, but not extreme iron sites, I'm really liking the Racer with the 7"concentric coil, makes a great pair. That 7" coil works really well. I usually run 3 tone, gain 70 and ID Filter at 10 or 21.