Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Red racer interference

My pin pointers are interfering with the red racer. The whites trx is my favorite but I can't use it within 10' of the racer. The minelab pro find is a little better. I only have to have racer 5' away to use it. If you turn racer off while you dig you have to reset everything. I tried frequency shift. Lower was worse,higher was better but not much. Does anybody have a pinpointer that doesn't interfere with the racer? Anybody use the makro pointer or orange garrett carrot with red racer?
Thanks

I use the regular Garrett Pro Pointer with my Racer and Racer 2, no interference at all.

I have used the garratte and the Marko with no problems

No probs with Garrett Pro Pointer and Pro Pointer AT (Black and Orange ones) or the Macro Pointer with the Red Racer and Racer 2.

Ya used to have the same problem with the MXT and Pro Pointer. I just swung the coil away from where I wanted to pin point. A little noise, but not a big deal.

No probs with the orange Makro w/Red Racer for me

Tip: while digging try not to have the pointer and the coil facing the same direction: turn the coil away at a 180 degree and shouldn't be an issue with most pointers...

It's easy to do: while kneeling to dig just grab the detector and rotate it a half turn...easy peasey...

i had a Garrett black and it used to play up with one of my Tesoro's only one of them mind you, i got a carrot and it doesn't play up now, i think its like one in a million this thing happens so its not your pin pointer or it wouldn't do it with both pin pointers, its the coil on your detector have you tried a different coil on the detector and then use the whites pin pointer?

who knows what happens but the chatter is annoying and possibly a dud coil get your hands on any other coil to fit your racer and retest.

i will add my black was a dud i run it over with the car it had drove me nuts one to many times :punch: carrot is fine that's why its a coil issue. pin pointer is a coil albeit small so change coils on the racer before making any other decisions !!

AJ

Thanks to all that replied. I think my new 10x5.5 May be a dud. No interference issues until the machine's been on for 10 min.

I only have a issue when my Garrett Pro pointer is near the coil :thumbup: other than that nothing.