Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Red Racer

Terry in PA

Wow is the Red Racer very very chatty. Outside the house it is just way chatty with the gain turned down and the Freq shift tried on every number. Took it to a school yard and was a bit more stable and the gain could be bumped a little but still some chatter when coil was near the ground. Is this just the nature of the beast ?

My Racers are super quiet. I haven't had any noise at all. Must be high EMI where you're at. I'm in an area with a few million folks so I think something else is going on with your detector.

In doors my is very cattery, turn the gain down and it helps alot, then turn up the disc to at least 23 and that too helps and when switching to the beach mode it is quiet, now outdoors in front of my business it runs with very little chatter if holding it in the air or even on the ground. Now when I took it to a competition hunt where I ground balanced it it ran so smooth I was wondering if it was working and did well with it. The Racer is a powerful detector and I find in the factory presets it chatter more and once it is ground balanced and set my gain down it seems to run much quieter. This is the first detector I have used where I have to run lower gain that the factory preset for my type of hunting.
I tried all 3 of my coils and it helps with the OOR coil, but still there in presets, disconnect the coil wire and it is quiet as can be, so I feel it is just overly sensitive in factory presets.

Rick

GR is the same near overhead lights in a park it was chatting away move from the lights 20 feet it settled, no bother really it wasn't bad that I couldn't hear signals , there is a price to pay for high gain machines, that's why most machines from fisher Tesoro etc.. are not as high gain VLF is VLF nothing will change that :blowup:

what these machines have is super fast recovery speed and that is where they hit the lead :biggrin: F19 is fast GR is faster that impressed me.

so we all have different needs and info is info and making decisions based on a lot of complied info is a wise thing to do.

AJ

I don't run the stock coil only the 5 and 5x10, usually 3 tone at 95 gain and 2 tone at 70. With this set up and settings I can go about anywhere and not get any chatter. Occasionally a small frequency shift is all that's needed in some places. I don't like to run chatty because a lot of my finds come from small chirps from the edge of a target at the end of a sweep. Maybe it's the stock coil, I seem to remember the racer being designed with the 5x10 in mind.

I run a completely standard setup and my Racer is chatty indoors, which is 100% expected, but when I go out in the nice non-trashy field, ground balance....not forgetting to pull trigger back....the machine is silent.

Also, been a few times on soaking wet beach.....FANTASTIC machine.

Matt.

Indoors can be a hassle with any detector. Outdoors is the same around EMI emitting devices. Get away from all that and you are golden.

I just noticed something as I got the Gold Racer in and notice at the factory setting it don't chatter at all indoors like the Red Racer does and when I get the Racer 2 in I will have to see if that one does it or not. Maybe it is because of the higher freq of the Gold Racer and notice with the Gold Racer the depth on a nickle laying on my bar floor full of nails is awesome, not as good on a dime or quarter though, but still petty deep.

Rick

yeah my GR doesn't chatter inside out of the box, and scanning the nail heads on the floor which I can see, how fast is it :biggrin: I only have a few hrs. up on mine in the field which was a park as I said a bit chatty near some lights.. not so its not usable just a bit chatty.

and yep 1st thing I noticed was how hard it hits low conductors below zinc and that's why I bought it :bouncy: not sure its a depth demon nor its meant to be but if it can smash a 1g gold ring at 5" I will be more than pleased. and with its speed in the iron pick out those others or myself have missed which I am sure it can :jump: and has shown it can just with the few hrs. I have on it.

I also noticed while one high tone in disc it has many variances on different depths and targets of that tone which I am also sure that with more time behind the wheel will give a lot of much needed information that other machines do have to some degree, but this thing does it with much more flair than any machine I have used to hunt park gold. so hanging out to spend more time with this machine and really get to know it, sure grabbed my attention when it came out and well I don't get to excited about new detectors to much these days, sure the GR is going to prove itself to me in a short amount of time and for those crazy enough to hunt park yellow, this machine is for you :poke:

I don't give out praise to easy but I am sure this detector is for the serious gold park hunter and then out bush for some natural gold sure ticks a lot of boxes for me :biggrin:

AJ