Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Refineries

Sandpiper

O. K. I know in the past this has been talked about, but as of lately which Company have you dealt with when scraping precious metal, Midwest, Hover & Strong, others. Which gives the best returns or percent of market on your scrape material. The easiest to deal with and the most honest in your opinion.
Would like a little insight on all the refineries, as all claim they are the best.

I can only speak from my personal experience but I used Midwest and will use them again. I check with some others and the deal wasn't close to as fair and everybody said Midwest was the best. I found them to be friendly, quick, and very accountable in what they did and what they provided. Here is a post i made on it at the time:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,401406,401406#msg-401406

If you look back to April or later of this year in my previous posts, I sent a lode of silver and gold into Midwest, for bars. It came out pretty cool. I feel good about it. At least I can check spot daily and know exactly how much my loot is worth, now that's being a good pirate! GH

Does the IRS get a share of what you guys get when selling gold to refineries or is it all tax free ?

...that is, once his finds outweigh his investments to FIND the finds, then it is income and should be reported.

Machines can be depreciated out over a few years but personally, I rarely get in to the 'black.' I buy too many toys so I can find the finds that may or may not be deductible.

Maybe I should declare my losses--would be a nice tax break.

Clear as mud? Well, just keep diggin' and havin' fun. If you ever hit it big, then find an honest accountant.

ex-irs aj

Who are the IRS and what are these taxes things that you keep talking about?:confused: I don't understand why anyone would be paying somebody because they are enjoying their hobby of metal detecting.:detecting: I guess living tax free has gotten me confused.:wacko:

Just kidding, mostly.

BDA:cool:

O.K I thought this was a hobby, as you can tell I ask the question because I have never sold anything that I have found. I do have a lot invested in my machines, gas, and etc. I'm not out to make a living doing this, gee I would starve to death. Would maybe be nice to get a little gas money back. If people would sit down and figure their time, gas, cost of machines, and whatever else goes into this, like I said a hobby or something that you enjoy doing. Not a Money Making Thing. Period.