Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reflector?

Geologyhound

Don’t know what this is. It’s heavy like lead and not magnetic. The front is covered with a brass plate shaped over the back like the plastic cover of a modern pin badge. The back has a square-ish raised area like it was sheared off a mount of some sort. Cleaning the dirt off the back exposes some whitish areas, so it may be hardened lead as it does not scratch with my finger nail. No apparent detail on the front, just appears to be smooth. Shape-wise, it almost looks like some sort of reflector.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 6A49C92F-EFA2-4159-95A4-1F46990DD206.jpeg
    6A49C92F-EFA2-4159-95A4-1F46990DD206.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
  • 5052A2C5-BB00-4A8C-B63E-CA94E2EC6D02.jpeg
    5052A2C5-BB00-4A8C-B63E-CA94E2EC6D02.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
My first thought is electrical... The disintegrating cardboard/cork liner on the one side is slotted... Like for a battery tab with a spring.... that came loose and pulled out... I'm Thinking mangled bottom of a small vintage flashlight.... maby ???

Attachments

• fs8.png
    fs8.png
    430.8 KB · Views: 62
  • fs6.jpg
    fs6.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 62
  • fs10.jpg
    fs10.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 60
  • fs7.jpg
    fs7.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 61
  • fl2.jpg
    fl2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 62
  • fl1.png
    fl1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
Maybe. Seems a better guess then some I’ve heard. It was on a residential property where I have dug seven or eight coins all dated in the 1940s along with a popsicle token from the 30s and a pre-World War II good luck coin. Residential property on the 1898 topo. Three residences torn down in the last few years. This is off to the side of where one of the houses stood - close to the fence line and some mature trees. So they should’ve demo’d that building by pulling it the other way.

Maybe. Seems a better guess then some I’ve heard. It was on a residential property where I have dug seven or eight coins all dated in the 1940s along with a popsicle token from the 30s and a pre-World War II good luck coin. Residential property on the 1898 topo. Three residences torn down in the last few years. This is off to the side of where one of the houses stood - close to the fence line and some mature trees. So they should’ve demo’d that building by pulling it the other way.
Ahh... That gives me some new thought... I went back to your pictures and looked more closely... I am now thinking plumbing... specifically a 1920's to 40's drain plug.... really old pop up drains were typically yellow brass.... and there would be a chrome plated cover over the top of the plug... your picture of the bottom side looks like the edges have been pried open or off of something... the top side picture appears to have a soft dome shape which would be consistent with this thought... either way... It's a great mystery at the very least...

Attachments

• sd7.jpg
    sd7.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 57
  • sd8.jpg
    sd8.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 58
  • dp3.jpg
    dp3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 58
  • dp2.jpg
    dp2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 66
  • dp1.jpg
    dp1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 59
That would explain why it appears to have attached to something on the backside. It is the right size and shape. Being intended for use in water would also explain why it’s not magnetic (don’t want your drain plug to rust). But, I can’t figure out why the notch the size and shape of a hole punch would be there.