Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rehoboth Beach I was the last to know

Dancer

I get down there for a six day hunt. Usually lots of hunters even before dawn. I'm all alone. Can't figure it, six hunts seen maybe 4 other guys. Well found out during last spring a big storm came in washed out the whole beach. It got replenished, another storm came in , washed everything back out. Rehoboth did a super job of fixing everything up for the summer season.
Thats the good news. No targets, nothing, nada. Even trash was scarice. 83 coins, small stainless ring. Best finds, 2 pretty expensive Sunglasses. Eyeballed. (Whoopie) Beach has gone about coinless, parking and Arcades all plastic cards. There were quite a few String swimsuits walking around the boardwalk. But many of them were stretched to the limit.

I've found coin totals mostly going down over the years too. Run across an occasional coin spill, but not like it used to be. Still good to get out and enjoy the weather and, when the strings aren't too stretched, the sights. Still love watching pelicans soaring on the ground effect along the waves and on the lift from beach front buildings. That never gets old for me ... but that is further south than Rehoboth.

Finding the same in the UK......beaches definately quieter now,hardly any coins at all.I blame mobile phones.......you can pay for anything with them nowadays.

Stretched to the limit you say.

Last time a VA beach was the same way. They are always replenishing hit or miss depends how many folks have been partying. Outerbanks were also very slim Pickens at nagshead still fun .

Last time a VA beach was the same way. They are always replenishing hit or miss depends how many folks have been partying.
Try some of the bay side beaches. I've found them to be more productive than the ocean side beach. When we get to that area, we stop in at Jessy's Taqueria on Ocean View Ave. Excellent food if you like Mexican.

I went down to Va beach last week for 4 days and did pretty well with coins mostly in the dry sand…. I guess many coins were lost during Labor day weekend.
I found quite a few of the new quarter design that just came out.
Also many of the coins looked like they had been their a good while.
I ended up with about $17.00 worth of coins.
On the flip side, the fresh water lakes around where I live are not holding many coins or jewelry… very slim pickings… one day I found a clad half dollar as soon as I got in the water and after three hours, all I I had was one quarter and three nickels.

Last edited: