Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic Button

Coin Rescue Inc

Visited an older park this morning to try my luck with the Multi Kruzer. Found some old maps and park existed way back when. I hunted it a few times in the past with little luck. just a couple of Wheat - one a 1919.

This time using the map records i could see where the old park roads wound thru the park giving a clue for possible pick nick sites.

So I hit one area with the Kruzer using 4 tone-19 kHz-GR 64- power gain at 93. I admit the ground was fairly junky and lots of signals. It took concentration to sort out the tones. I was looking for high tones 70 and above with repeatable signals.

This button hit at 72 with the ID number bouncing maybe 1 or two digits. Pin point was tight and pegged the depth meter. Depth number read out was 10".

I removed the first plug of dirt with my mini shovel that can remove 8-10" of soil. Pinpointing showed the target was still in the hole. After removing a couple of handfuls of dirt the target was out of the hole and in the pile of dirt. It took the pin pointer to finally locate it.

I was surprised and happy at this find. I would say it was over 10" deep.

Regards

Wow - Thanks guys

Should I try soaking it in Hydrogen Peroxide to remove the dirt.
The dirt is so hard on it a tooth pick will not remove it.

I am not used to finding Buttons -

Very nice. Personally I wouldn't touch it. The patina on it looks great.

Very nice looking old button!