Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic Hunters that Use Tesoro Machines?

Canewrap

Anyone on this forum that uses a Tesoro machine to relic hunt? I find they're great for covering large areas looking for a concentration of old iron
in fields and on old homesites.

When I do hunt open plowed fields looking for any random Target, ferrous or non-ferrous, I like to use a Tesoro with either the 8-inch concentric or the 8 by 9 concentric. But the bulk of my hunting is in ghost towns, homesteads, military and Pioneer encampments, and other sites that tend to abound in debris especially ferrous targets.

Since July of '83 I would guess that about 90% to 95% of my hunting with a Tesoro has been done with a 7-inch concentric or in more recent years the 6-inch concentric.

I do have other models on hand that I use when Relic Hunting that feature Target ID and some also feature audio Tone ID. Those detectors are in my regular use detector team for one very good reason, and that is that they perform similar to or very close to what I get out of a Tesoro in really challenging, trashy sites.

I always try to maintain at least one but more commonly two or three tesoro's in my working detector battery.

Monte

I prefer a Tesoro for relic hunting and have since the mid 90's.

I also have a screen machine but I've found that no matter what detector is used audio is still today the primary dig or not to dig signal.

Tesoros are fast recovery detectors and relatively simple to use. While my buddies are pondering the wizardry of screen numbers, 50 tones, packets, brackets, and bins I'm a half mile ahead and 5 rows over picking through targets.

Gifford designed and built a good detector then, and they're still good today.

The Tejon is my favorite Relic machine and i have owned a bunch.....Vaquero is good also.