Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic hunting,hunters

Bowie

can be different types/places. Exactly what are you seeking? Anything/everything?? Well, I for one seek everything but usually looking for conductive metals,more so than iron. As I think back, I hardly ever,probably never (it would have been accidental) seek iron artifacts. But, at times, you dig a horse shoe,axe head, plow. So, I am primarily looking for the conductive artifacts.
MXT users, are any of you this type of hunter??? Hunting in iron filled areas,loaded with nails,old farm implements from bygone days. I would believe if you were,you are in the relic mode,2 tones. How has your MXT worked for you?? What coils are you using?? Do you feel it is fairly good at unmasking?? How deep is it in relic mode compared to c and j mode? Can you crank the sensitivity up without a lot of noise?? Which coils allow you to use more sensitivity??
Not a comparison on operation but weight,,,,have any of you owned an ETrac,,,wondering about the weight of the MXT. I can swing an ETrac for several hours with the Pro Coil and a bit more with a smaller coil.
I hunt with little disc,I dont mind listening to the grunts,tiring at times, but Ive learned to deal with it. Curious how some of you set your MXT up for hunting a relic type hunt.
I need a machine for these type scenarios, looking/thinking of several other brands also.
We all know, no miracle machines, each one has pros and cons. I have tried one brand,but never really liked it.
Ive had Whites machines in the past and absolutely know their reputation is second to none when it comes to help and repairs,great company.
Thanks in advance for your responses,
John