Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic hunting in water

d-2

A while back someone was asking if anyone had ever found or looked for relics in the water. I dont remember who it was but I think it was on this site. A friend and I have been hitting a swimming hole that had CW camps on both sides of the river. During the war it was a low water crossing. But being as it has been hot here we have migrated to looking in the swimming hole for jewelry, coins etc. I have found 3 class rings so far in the swimming hole and today SoArk found his first one! Also you can see in the picture what else we found. 3 ringers, a pistol bullet and a couple of pistol balls and a knapsack hook. I found the knapsack hook, SoArk was the winner today and by a long shot. If any of you guys have a crossing on a river that you can wade you need to get you one of these water machines. I wouldnt swap my Detector Pro for nothing...d2

that's some nice stuff there d2! wow. yeah, i've been thinkin' 'bout hitting the water too. i hear the detector pro is a great machine! i just might get one too. hh,

Folks,
I've been huntin this spot with d2 when I can make it with him. And, if you're interested, that Detector Pro machine of his is a good'n. He's pulled a ton of stuff out of this hole. As he already said, we're mainly CW relic hunters..... land hunters, that is. But he got that Detector Pro a while back, and we've been hitting the ole swimmin hole. I take my Troy X-5, and use a bungie strap to attach it to a belt loop. No, it's certainly not the best thing to do, but I want to hunt the water too! As soon as my treasure hoard from this spot accumulates enough, I'm cashing in and getting me a water-use machine!

Now if you're in an area that's got a bunch of us rednecks around, then you'll have to dig the .22's, .38's, .44's, .45's, etc....... lead, jackets, and hulls..... and not to mention the pull tab discards! However, it can sure pay off !!

HH,

SoArk

It was me that asked about hunting in water. I have a skirmish site that included water in the middle of it. Is the detector pro the one that has the detector guts in the headphones? What are you guys using to dig with?

Yep, the guts are in the head phones and I have got a stainless steel hand held scoop, looks sorta like a feed scoop, that works like a charm. I am fixing to get me one of those long handled ones for the deeper water...d2