Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic vacation......

conehead

Just got home from a week's long relic hunt, been Civil War relic hunting over 35 years, I take as many of what I call relic hunting vacations over the years that I can work in.
Had a great time again, me and my Omega detector hit the old battlefields as hard as I could. Two 10 lb. Parrott shells & a U.S belt buckle were the best finds of the week.
I've found several artillery shells over the years but the Omega with NEL Hunter coil is the best detector I've used to find deep shells.

THANKS Itsjustagreat1 it was only 2 inches deep, found it at an old water spring, I intended to include other pictures, so I'll try again.

Wow:yikes: nice vacation buddy. Very nice finds. HH

Yes I had a great time and I know those Parrott shells look rough but in time after I get them disarmed and electrolysis cleaned and wax coated they will look almost new!
Here's some pictures of 2 Parrott shells I found last year, you can see one of them still in the hole over 2 ft. deep. Then look how well they cleaned up.
I'm telling you sometimes you gotta go deep!

Great finds! Those shells sure cleaned up good! Nice pictures too...that was one deep hole there!:clapping:
Mud

There beautiful buddy ever all caked in dirt & rust. Very cool.

Outstanding Conehead. Thanks for posting. :clap:

THANKS Cajuncoinhunter, you know there's something special about finding relics from the Civil War. Digging something out of the ground and holding history right there in your hand.
I have some pictures here of a 6lb. solid shot cannon ball I found last year, I was running my Omega with the Detech Ultimate coil this time and the signal was very loud because this one
was only about 11 inches deep. Look how well it cleaned up after getting an electrolysis treatment.

Great job with the electrolysis.

Those finds are awesome man. You have a great spot.

Great job! Terrific finds. Great pics.
CONGRATS!!!

You're right. I doesnt get any better than that !

You know guys how many times have you been out hunting and find something really unexpected?
I talking really unexpected, something unique, something that makes you stop and think.
While out hunting last June with my brother, we were hunting a known confederate gun emplacement area.
We were not the first one's to hunt there but we're giving it our best shot, had found several musket balls & a pocket knife & a button, then I get a hit that made me stop in my tracks.
The tone was unusual and I moved my coil over it several times, I got down to dig it and out pops these gold cuff links, I yelled at my brother in surprise.......I've got gold.....
Cuff links in a civil war confederate gun emplacement......WOW......I was blown away, made me think..... what was the man like who lost them so long ago. It put the war on a more personal level for me.