Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relics, Silver, Gold Oh My..............

Larry (IL)

What a great time for the last camping trip of the season. Nancy and I were joined by our friends from Lockport, Rob and Paulette, Daryl, Star and Steve C from the club came also. Oh ya, and six dogs.......... We burned a truck load of firewood, toasted to the treasure gods a few times and ate well for roughing it in the wild for a few days. Rob and I were the only ones there Friday noon and we were ready to hunt and had permission to hunt a small yard in the older part of town which turned out to be full of oldies. I found a Merc (24) and a Seated dime (56) and some wheat's and Rob found the rest, including some silvers and a couple of Indians. By the time we got back to camp, the rest had showed up and hunting continued at the campgrounds and nearby park. That is where the gold ring was found when I was playing around with a Tesoro Cibola that I had modified.

The afternoon of day two was spent hunting for Civil War relics where I found 7 bullets, one looks more modern though, but still a great hunt. My highlight of the day was probably one of the nicest dug buttons that I have found complete with the back and loop and a chunk of camp lead stock bar and a rivet. Day three was spent closer to camp which has been hunted to death and not much was found other than some wheats and clad.

[attachment 215527 ringading.jpg][attachment 215528 ringading1.jpg][attachment 215529 Ringading2.jpg]

Larry was quite the "happy camper". I think everyone made some pretty darn good finds. I even did a bit of hunting too. Didn't find much but did come home with a few extra cents and a newer fishing hoop tag. The best find for the weekend was great friendships that are made. HH, Nancy

Hey Daryl, I'm still looking for my "tip". :rofl::rofl: Sure had a great time with everyone. :cheers:

Oops, it is a 56 and the merc is a 24.

Sounds like you all had a great time & made some great finds, that's what it's all about---congrats! :thumbup:------------Del

Looks like you had fun...wish I could have joined you. Nice seated...and ring! WOW

Always nice to have a good hunt! With friends, even better. Nice finds!
Congrats on the ring and silvers! :thumbup:

Thanks for joining in with us Mike.

Excellent time had by all...that's great! Got a pix of that button? Gotta be very cool.
Capt Ron