Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Removing F75 stock 11" coil cover

amcoins44

I put a coil cover on my stock 11" DD coil. I want to take it off to clean and inspect the coil and cannot get the thing off. Has anyone ever gotten the thing off without breaking it?

If you have the clip type..just easily pry and work the clip area …. and it will come off..

It is a pain but not as bad as some others.

Leave the lower rod on so you have something to hold on to. Start at the back of the coil and work through the center, then out to the edges. You can do it with your fingers just be patient.

HH
Mike

Ok. I manged to finally get the cover off without breaking it. It took three screwdrivers to progressively pry the clips back, plus using my hands to free a fourth before the whole thing started to give. Wouldn't want to have to do that on a regular basis.

If you hunt in wet grass and more so in wet sand, remove the cover before the crud dries out. It acts like glue when it dries. I had to do the same thing as you on a Nokta coil. I thought it would never come off. When I finally got it off with a tiny flat head screw driver, I could easily see the spots where wet dirt had accumulated between cover and coil and made it stick.

Coil covers can cause a lot of problems---such as above,false signals,etc.----has anyone actually worn out a coil because of no coil cover?

In the future, use two or three popsicle sticks. Gently pry the cover and insert a stick and slide it around the coil. Part way around, I will use another stick and leave the first one in place while finishing the removal. The wood will not damage the coil . The only cover I have ever had a problem with this method was a Fisher CZ 8 inch coil. Removing that cover is all but impossible.