Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Renewing Hunted Sites with First Hunt with OOR

Clad2Hunt

The main reasons I got the R2 was for the 5" coil, fast recovery and for the towel line at the beach. While I haven't tested yet in wet sand that is normally where I use my E Trac. I was able for my first hunt to go to the old Rock Hill fairgrounds that Winthrop College owns and is a fenced property. My hunting buddy has permission and over the last couple of years we have pulled a lot of silver from there. Lately silver finds have come to a halt but thought this would be the spot to start with. The ground changes from one area to another in minerals so I use ground tracking. You can watch the meter go up and down as you move around. I used the setup that JFlynn recommended and it was a noisy day to say the least. Yet moving slowly through I was able to pick out the high tones.
First high tone I called my friend over who was using a ET with a 6x8 and a tight coin pattern to see if the MD could see it. It nulled so opened it up to Quick Mask and just seeing iron yet the R2 with iron audio off and no descrim. but at 10 for iron you could plainly hear the high tone. Flipped the plug and there is a silver chain not balled up but spread out. He took the chained cleaned it in a water puddle and still the ET wouldn't see it no matter how you position the chain. Makes a statement there for sure. Short time later pulled a Rosie that only could see the 19 on at 4". But not even 2 ft from that I got another 64' Rosie with both being surrounded with trash yet the high tone was clear and repeatable. The ET didn't see them with the tight pattern but got a squeak on quick mask. He wouldn't have dug it. My friend went to his truck and got his 6" coil and slowed down. Still used the tight pattern and he got a lot more coins than I did but I had a bigger silver day. I sure we will be going back now more than ever as we had not gotten silver out of there the last 4 times we visited the site. The ground there is brutal on silver as you can see by the dull finish on the dimes.
Used 3 tone, 90 gain, 10 ID, o notch, o iron audio, 79 high tone break. I also can confirm that if it bounces in the 90's it is a nail in my case. Just a nail gives a broken 90 with the setting I was using but a solid one you should dig. Could be a larger silver coin. Post pics later. File size too big