Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Repair returns question

Topdecker

My Golden rather suddenly developed a problem. When I turn it on and dial-up the sensitivity, it turns off right around 5 on the dial. It takes 2-5 minutes of turning the dial and double checking to make sure it is on, but a bump to sensitivity and it could shut off with no warning. Eventually I can get it running at full power, but not knowing if it is on or off is just too big of a problem.

Anyhow, I am planning on send it to Tesoro for repairs. The web site states that I have to send back the control box and the coil. So here is the question...

I am assuming that the large phillips screw under the control housing that goes through the shaft is the only one I need to loosen to remove the control housing from the shaft. Figured that I would check in here before creating a larger mess for myself :)

calibil said:
Yes its that simple

Yep, but putting it back on is a little harder. No big deal though, you just have to tilt the unit until the nut lines up with the housing hole. It slides back and forth in a groove.

tabman

Discovered that the control box and 9x8" coil fit very neatly in a medium size priority mail box. Lots of room, actually.

If you have extra coils for it send them also to be retuned.

Just warning Topdecker, don't be scared when you turn your Golden on for the first time after getting it back from Tesoro. It will work so good it will scare ya, to make a long story short I once bought a Tesoro Conquistador

SkiWhiz said:
Just warning Topdecker, don't be scared when you turn your Golden on for the first time after getting it back from Tesoro. It will work so good it will scare ya, to make a long story short I once bought a Tesoro Conquistador

When sent the Cibola in I took it off as you are doing. When was returned, I oppened the front so I could hold the nut in place while starting the screw. It wasn't hard at all. I the past I had sent the control box back still on the upper shaft but Rusty said it was ok to remove it when sending it back.