Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Repaired Infinium, maiden trip

catfish

I received my new repaired Infinium back from Garrett and everything seems to work fine. Alot of the local rivers where I am at in Washington State are at flood stage and the low lake levels have been filling up fast. I made it out for its maiden trip to a local reservoir in which I had pounded with my DFX and MXT when the water was very low with good results. There were alot of targets at the fringe level of both those machines and I was hoping that the Infinium would get me deeper. I own two Sea Hunters and although very fine machines they were overwhelmed with all the black sand. The water was very high so basically I was in a less than productive area for rings. I was blown away by how quiet the Infinium was and the depth. One junk ring and a handfull of coins later I headed for the truck as a very cold and high wind kicked up. Most of the items found were 6 to 12 inches deep, I cannot wait to try it out on my worked out hot gold ring spots of the past. Mike

Catfish,
How long did it take for the round trip with the repair for your Infinium? What was wrong with it anyway? Ok, I see now in your past posts it was a faulty machine. You would do iron check and it would shut off.

King-Ghidorah, the repair time turnaround for the Infinium was about two weeks, not bad I guess for around the Holidays. The service slip called the repair a bad mod whatever that is. I wanted to give the Infinium a go today as I was playing hooky. For some reason the water was low around here even as some of the smaller rivers were flooding. I decided to go to a nearby iron infested beach and took my Beachhunter Id instead. I found a small 10kt band and a silver earring to go with a bunch of coins and pulltabs. The bottom is hardpacked clay and everything is right on top and nails and iron bits are everywhere. I have got lots of better spots for the Infinium! Take care, Mike

2 weeks is a pretty quick turnaround especially for the holiday time frame. I wish minelabs were that quick because with them you're looking at at least 2 months turnaround time. That in my opinion is horrible service.